Kampa Eriba weather protection strip

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:11 pm
by malcolmR (deleted)

Hi there I am newbie to the site , I have a Eriba 420 2008 and sooooo pleased with it.
The asking question is, has anyone bought this Kampa weather protection strip and fitted it.
The reason for asking we have the Van de horn awning a nice heavy strong robust awning, but when it rains hard sometimes the small gutters get a bit chocked with debris from trees. Then the rain rains runs into the seam where the awning fits on the rail and down the side of the caravan inside the awning, about where the outside table fits and the vents for the fridge are nr the door. Not gallons but a few cupfuls to be annoying.
Has anyone bought one of these strips !!!! as i may well help when it rains hard and hopefully runs off at the front and rear of the caravan.
Thanks
malcolm

Scroll up

RE: Kampa Eriba weather protection strip

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:30 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I have got a Kampa weather strip but I don't use it as its too difficult to put on.. I have a a rubber strip from seals direct which is a doddle to fit.

Item code ETS1395

https://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/shopping.asp?intDepartmentId=8

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
ETS1395DR (1).pdf ETS1395DR (1).pdf

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:36 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:36 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Welcome Malcolm.
If you use the search facility you will see the gutter strip has been covered in some depth. To cut to the chase, ithe Kampa strip is terrible, don't buy it. It's an absolute pain to fit. If you can get hold of the genuine Hymer/Eriba product then buy it. If not then get this:- http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/pdf/ETS1395DR.pdf
I've owned all three and when fitted they do offer some assistance. You will never stop the "wicking" but using a strip does reduce the problem. Over time you will find a new awning does improve as the fabric swells up after its first soaking and the sewing needle holes close up. After three heavy downpours our new awning is now pretty good but not perfect.
Soaking the awning cord with a tent proofer spray will help a little. Some have reported sticking a bit of blue-tack into the awning track at the ends of the awning cord to stop the rainwater pulling in. Slipping a long cable tie through the rain outlet in the gutter may also help as the water prefers to run down this instead of going back along gutter. This is also a good idea when the van is parked up as it reduces the black streaks that you will get from the gutter holes as water runs down the van.

Colin

ps. I type slowly and have been beaten to it by him above, who put me onto the sealsdirect link

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Last edited Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:53 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:13 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Malcolm. I’ve got an original Hymer/Eriba strip for a 420 surplus to my requirements!
It’s obviously difficult to post but you might want to pm me to discuss whether you would like to buy it.
TonyP

Eriba Troll 540GT (#6) and Galaxy.
Don’t grow up.....it’s a trap!
Eribanut and granddadgrape like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:41 am
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #4
Malcolm. I’ve got an original Hymer/Eriba strip for a 420 surplus to my requirements!
It’s obviously difficult to post but you might want to pm me to discuss whether you would like to buy it.
TonyP

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:57 am
by Big Al | 223 Posts

Read #8 of following, hope it helps. Kampa Pop Air Pro - Weather Strip

1997 Puck pushing a 1970 Morris Minor Traveller, sometimes a Pug 3008
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:16 am
by Frantone (deleted)

Eribanut........:thought you would like that😂

Eriba Troll 540GT (#6) and Galaxy.
Don’t grow up.....it’s a trap!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:15 pm
by malcolmR (deleted)

Thank you so much for the ideas and resolutions that may help much appreciated
malcolm

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:27 pm
by Threeberries3 (deleted)

Hi I had a Kampa plastic weather/awning strip and have just replaced it with the seals-direct strip which is 100 times better and wow, so much easier to fit it was a dream and very secure. My plastic Kampa strip was awful to fit and kept coming loose. So, great advice.

Thank you.

Colin
Eriba 542 behind a AWD Renault Kadjar
Poptop320 and mr_underhill like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 3 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1