RE: sleeping bags or duvet & sheet

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:25 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Well I'm thinking of buying two 58cm compact Duvalay mattresses which i'm hoping will give enough comfort. Every thing in life is a compromise and don't doubt the thicker one would give more comfort but storage in my 320 would be a problem. I'm hoping that I will be able to fit the two compact 58cm mattresses on top of the rear cushion as corner cushions when there not being used to sleep on but able to fit the ends under the edge of the table , one at each side. I haven't seen the mattresses in the flesh so to speak & need to measure up but that sound the most plausible far. I would just use a double down duvet on top which should easily fit in one of the lockers as down is usually very easier to compress.

Last edited Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:05 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:40 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Our Duvalays comprise memory foam mattress, duvet and 'sleeping bag' arrangement that holds it all together. When not in use they roll up into their storage bags. They are very comfortable to sleep in but, as you can see, they are quite bulky.

Duvalays.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

If we are camping with awning or sunshade erected, we usually leave the bed made up and live outside. If not, each morning we put beds and pillows on one of the side benches and use the other side for sitting and dining. Come bedtime it's a simple matter to remove table, make up bed base and drag the bedding into place. Well, it works for us.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:50 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Thank you for the reply, are yours the 2.5cm ones or the thicker ones? i was hoping with using two of the compact 2.5cm versions and having a separate double down duvet ( that will store under one of the seats) that the mattresses alone would roll up as corner cushions in the day time with the end of the rolls poking under the table on my 320 as long as they fit

Last edited Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:52 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:19 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Well I've bitten the bullet & ordered two of the Duvalay compact packages. a little miffed about the wording on their so called package deal. It says any pillow! Yeah but for extra money!! Next little thing regarding carriage. 10 - 14 working days because they're oh so busy, well by the time you get your weekends in there it's going to be a while, potentially 18 days so option b gets it to you next working day!! My how do they suddenly manage that! But for a cost!! £18.95 d on top of everything else.

Last edited Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:35 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:43 pm
by malcolmR (deleted)

Hi
on our 420 I pull out the bed frames and make a big bed, turn the cushions over, layout a huge blanket then flat sheets and use two duvet with a thin sheet on top for the dog to lay between. All the bedding goes under the seat quite neatly. Yes bit of a pain some nights but very comfortable. If only staying one night and moving on next day we have two sleeping bags right at the back under the corner seat area.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:53 pm
by Phillip (deleted)

Her indoors says, this is what your getting, get use to it

Home page photo album in profile . Linked to save forum space.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 47 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0