sleeping bags or duvet & sheet

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:14 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Just curious for those who don't have a fixed bed, how many fight stretching a fitted sheet over the seats & use a duvet or do most people without a fixed bed use sleeping bags

Scroll up

RE: sleeping bags or duvet & sheet

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:22 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

We have Familia 320, when we have the awning we leave the bed made up and put the table outside. For us we like to feel that we are in our own bed so we use a memory foam topper with a fitted sheet, double duvet and full sized pillows.....

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
monoboard and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:41 pm
by Grumpy (deleted)

Both!! When we first got it we used sleeping bags. Over the summer we have used a fitted sheet and duvet. If we camp through winter I expect we will go back to sleeping bags to stay warmer. Our son always prefers fitted sheet and duvet though. But whichever it is always with proper pillows and two each of these!!

Kia Sportage & 2012 Eriba Triton
monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:28 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

We used to use 2 duvets one 10.5 tog and the other 13 tog In winter the 13 would be on top and the 10.5 underneath. In summer the other way round. We now make beds up as singles so use sleeping bags. Quick to roll up and storage underneath the beds. We also use proper pillows, 2 each.

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:02 pm
by Rich_T (deleted)

We also have 2 different tog duvets and depending on the temperature determines which is on top and which below

Eribanut and monoboard like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:43 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

We use 2 duvets too! During day when rolled up and fastened they make for a lovely half sitting/half lying position for daytime reading with feet up. No bending over the bed or crawling over it to make/unmake the bed. In the morning, fold outward edge of top duvet in by a third, then again by a third and then roll up and clip (we use two old belts off walking trousers). Repeat with bottom one. At night, just unclip and unroll the current bottom one, hold leading edge and shake and then repeat with the top one.

2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE pulling a silver 2018 Troll 535 GT

Eribanut likes this post!
Last edited Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:43 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:47 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

We make up he bed in our Triton every night. We have several layers. Bottom layer, single duvet. Second layer acting as a sheet is a whole cloth quilt. This doesn't need tucking in, stays nice and flat on it's own. Then our top duvet, then if chilly, a fleece, fluffy blanket. Proper pillows too. In the day, the pillows go inside cushion covers, the entire bed layers get rolled up as one sausage and stay on the end seat under the window. Really quick. Its easy to take the sausage home for washing.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.

Last edited Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:38 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:09 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Neither. We use two Duvalays.

Minimum faffing about.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Pepé Le Pew and monoboard like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:55 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

We use a Coleman double sleeping bag in Esther. Under that is a cheap & cheerful mattress topper to give a little bit more padding. I've no doubt that an additional spare duvet from indoors would be pressed into service should we decide to go anywhere in the winter season!

(Verity &) Steve
Esther the Puck and Sharon the Sharan. Esther's Instagram
monoboard and Terryc like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:10 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Reading all the replies on this post with some using two duvets, one underneath & one on top. I would be concerned about over heating and then the
Duvalays.
They sound interesting as the normal seat cushions aren’t the most comfortable things to sleep on. Two concerns there, one the cost and trying to understand all the versions and if they are rolled up what’s the chance of fitting in to an Eriba 320 seat storage?

Thank you everyone for all your replies on this, as you probably gather I’m a newbie on Eribas.

Williebraveheart likes this post!
Last edited Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:05 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:53 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Under the table at the end of the caravan we have a seat that you can't sit on because of the table....the sausage stays there in the day,. We used to pack everything away into the front door side locker but it was too much h faff.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.

Last edited Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:54 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:48 am
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Unfortunately My 320 doesn't have the 2nd seating/table area at the other end of the caravan and just wondered if the Duvalays either in two single bed sizes or one double would roll up and fit under the 320 seats? It would be handy to be able to fit it in the seat away from the battery. i know there supposed to be sealed or breather under the floor but i still don't like having bedding next to them.

Last edited Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:10 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:32 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

Two of the single thinner duvalay mattress toppers (2.5cm) will fit in a rear bed locker if yours is the same size as the ones we had in our 2007 Triton, the thicker ones won't.

Denise

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:54 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Hi Denise
My rear locker has a electric water heater in which just leaves the two main bed/seat lockers and one of course has the battery in. From what I've read on various things on Duvalays & memory foam which I gather there's countless types/qualities and of course thicknesses. It makes me wonder to potentially find a double slim (but not to slim) memory foam topper and just use a duvet on top. They can then also be rolled up independently and be vastly cheaper I hope. Possibly easier to store as well
You would think Eriba who make these VERY expensive micro caravans where on my 320 your total time time in the caravan apart from cooking etc. is sitting or sleeping on the same very confined area & so the seat/beds need to be the ultimate in build quality which they're not. Surely the difference at manufacturing level on cost to have either better foam or springs would be very little and quality is remembered long after price

Last edited Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:55 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:49 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

When we had our Triton the bedding ( Duvalay and Duvet ) lived under the seat with the battery storage. This was satisfactory for nine years.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Skoda Karoq 1.5i DSG
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 41 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1