TV (compact)

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:57 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Any recommendations for a very compact tv to go on the bracket mounted on the side of my Eriba 320's wardrobe, something that looks in scale to where it’s mounted and not too thick from back to front so that it doesn’t stick out too far. Oh and ideally something that’s easy to tune/scan any feed from an aerial or sat dish for different areas

Last edited Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:48 pm | Scroll up

RE: TV (compact)

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:10 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Current Avtex models are slim, reliable and even have satellite tuners built in.
The corresponding Avtex digital aerials are powered by the tv and very good.

Eriba Troll 540GT (#6) and Galaxy.
Don’t grow up.....it’s a trap!
monoboard and like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:23 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Although expensive the Avtex TVs are very good and if you buy from John Lewis then you'll get a 5yr guarantee. Unfortunately they no longer do a 16" model which I've found to be the ideal size in our Eriba.
On a practical point the compatibility with the amplified Avtex aerial is good news and they have the ability to run well on the not very smooth 12v supply of your van.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

monoboard likes this post!
Last edited Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:48 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:39 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Amazon sell smaller screen Avtex TVs including a 16" (minus the 5 yr guarantee though) complete with dvd player
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avtex-L168DRS-1...=gateway&sr=8-4

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

monoboard likes this post!
Last edited Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:49 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:53 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Just been reading some reviews on the 16 Avtex tv, some reviews are good and some seem to totally slate it. Any one on the forum have any thought good or bad

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:24 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I bought a 2nd hand Avtex with satellite tuner and built in dvd player three years ago. It is easy to set-up has a very good picture quality and the sound is fine. If you buy a matching Avtex aerial then it powers the built in amplifier in the aerial. On a technical side it can also cope with the uneven 12v supply some vans have. I would buy another.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:26 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:19 pm
by Taffy (deleted)

Found that the Avtex are excellent and seem to have better reception for channels than one for the home that I used previously. The only gripe I have is that the input on the TV is very loose and if you just touch the cable it shuts off.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:48 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

A good alternative to the Avtex is the Cello 16" ....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cello-C16230FT2...w/dp/B075LLJPSD
quite a lot cheaper than the Avtex and made in Britain (Bishop Auckland).

We have one of these on our boat for 4 years (previous model) and have been fine. Considering getting one for the caravan unless I can fix my usb dongle which stopped working when Microsoft updated windows 10 again.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:23 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Quote: Stevejoyce wrote in post #8
A good alternative to the Avtex is the Cello 16" ....
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cello-C16230FT2...w/dp/B075LLJPSD
quite a lot cheaper than the Avtex and made in Britain (Bishop Auckland).
We have one of these on our boat for 4 years (previous model) and have been fine. Considering getting one for the caravan unless I can fix my usb dongle which stopped working when Microsoft updated windows 10 again.

I was looking at the Cello on Amazon, what is the picture like can you see it at all angles? The TV we have at the moment has to be at the right position otherwise the picture looks like it's in the shadows....

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:53 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

the picture on the Cello we have is fine, although the viewing angle is fairly narrow. Seems to be a feature of LCD displays.

Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:31 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

I bought the 16" Avtex about a year ago and am very happy with it. Some of the reviews criticise the screen, saying there is some light bleed (I think that's the right term) around the edges of the screen Admittedly there is a little inconsistency to the shading of the screen but this is only when it's on a blank screen. In use I've never had a problem and have always watched a pin-sharp picture.

I also have the Avtex aerial but haven't used it yet. I plug a NOW TV stick into the hdmi port and either tether it to my phone or use site wifi. This gives me live BBC tv or netfilx / iplayer without a problem.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:16 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

"the picture on the Cello we have is fine, although the viewing angle is fairly narrow."
mind you, when watching Peaky Blinders, it's all so dark that it is hard to tell ..... to say nothing of the whispered dialogue drowned out by music...

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:40 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I've just watched Peaky Blinders and I thought the dark scenes were ok. Streaming can affect the quality of dark scenes and some tv's can be ok with bright scenes, not so good with dark.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:22 am
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Anyone come across who does the best bundle for a Avtex L168drs 16" tv, sth300 aerial, case and possibly the 8gb usb memeory stick? Its a lot of money but possibly cheaper to buy as a bundle rather than in bits. i did wonder if they would bring a new model out or stop making the smaller 16" version because most people want bigger sets but of course bigger is no use for my baby eriba

Last edited Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:22 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 43 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0