Which one was you?😄

The one with the ear on his forehead

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

RE: His 'n Hers

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:17 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

More interesting facts about the demise of Erwin Hymer Group of North America (EHGNA).

Dated 28th Feb 2019

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

cabbie37, Eribanut and eribaMotters like this post!
Last edited Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:19 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:32 pm

Quote: Eribanut wrote in post #11
Nice big pitches but didn't see the Ablutions Block! Dig a hole perhaps!

John's answer to a similar question on Facebook is:-

"Everyone needs to be self contained for this. In the states we call it boondocking or dry camping. Though there is a town just a few miles away with truck stops that have showers. $8 for 20min."

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:35 pm
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

As I have said before, camping in the US is not like a Municipal in France.. However, Quartzite is a 'thing' which perhaps hasn't come over in John Thawley's posting..

https://www.quartzsitervshow.com/

A huge gathering of 'RVs' every year. Hers115 and Cabbie37 might have gone but her Hymer is still snowed in the garage.. ;o)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:04 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #18
Quote: Eribanut wrote in post #11
Nice big pitches but didn't see the Ablutions Block! Dig a hole perhaps!

John's answer to a similar question on Facebook is:-

"Everyone needs to be self contained for this. In the states we call it boondocking or dry camping. Though there is a town just a few miles away with truck stops that have showers. $8 for 20min."

Wat a rip off. I would expect a manicure and blow dry for that amount of money !

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:37 pm

Quote: cabbie37 wrote in post #19
As I have said before, camping in the US is not like a Municipal in France.. However, Quartzite is a 'thing' which perhaps hasn't come over in John Thawley's posting..

https://www.quartzsitervshow.com/

A huge gathering of 'RVs' every year. Hers115 and Cabbie37 might have gone but her Hymer is still snowed in the garage.. ;o)

Is that the same event Hugh? John was mentioning the 2020 Fibreglass Trailer Gathering of last week. The Quartzsite show appears to be a much bigger event.
Randa

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:27 am
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

Yes, you are right. My mistake. The main Quartzite RV show is in January, this was a gathering for 'Scamp' owners - Scamp being a manufacturer of lighweight fibreglass caravans (In fact, one of the brands Kari and I considered before she found the Hymer)

Arizona is a rather dry, barren state, hence the landscape you can see on the video, but equally, it is a State that is not covered with snow this time of year!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:31 am

Now here's an interesting story developing.

New facebook member Waseem Syed from Toronto, Canada, has posted the following:-

"Hi ... new to the group ... I am based in Toronto, Canada. Just bought a fiberglass Hymer / Eriba Touring shell, windows, door, hatches and axle to start a DIY build over winter. Looking forward to sharing my experience and tapping into yours.

Am really interested in sourcing parts (new, but preferably used) in the UK. I have a friend who has agreed to help me collect and ship them over the build period. Other than that, excited to talk about all things Hymer / Eriba "

I am very grateful to Hugh (Cabbie 37) for answering some of his questions and pointing out the vast differences between the builds of the American version and the German version of the Eriba.

We will of course help Waseem in any way possible with locating European spares.

Canada.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:15 am
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

Now that is an exciting project. I don't think I would buy in genuine parts though. I'd be looking at a kit to convert a van into a camper that would include all of the techie bits and then construct cabinet work to match. I think this would be quicker, cheaper and result in a professional finish.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:37 am

Quote:-

Waseem Syed
·
Meanwhile in Canada ... finally mounted the shell onto the chassis. A few bits and ends to tie up before I tow it home, into my heated garage where I’ll work over the winter

Siad 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Syed 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Syed 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Syed 04.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Here is a drawing I did for another issue, but shows the “factory” vs my chassis. The factory chassis didn’t have any cross members at all.
I am sure it was based on solid design knowledge and principles, but to my lay mind, seemed too fragile, specially for the kind of use I have in mind. I plan to use this trailer for true trans-continental travel on, at times, rough roads. Had to beef it up

Syed 05.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Sportique likes this post!
Last edited Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:37 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:50 am

Another North American Project.

A friend of Waseem Syed, Jon Palen, has just joined our Facebook Group.

Wassem explains that Jon has helped him with his build but is also building his own. Here are some photos that Jon posted.

Jon Palen 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Jon Palen 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Jon Palen 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Jon Palen 04.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Jon Palen 05.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Jon Palen 06.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Jon Palen 06a.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Jon Palen 06b.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Jon Palen 07.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Jon Palen 08.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

dinky likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:40 pm

Lagun Table Leg.

Jon Palen has just fitted one. Here are the pics and the spec.

table 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)table 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)table 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

https://www.motorhome-table.co.uk/

Randa

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 33 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2