RE: Insurance cover

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:56 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Being in the forces can be a difficult proposition for insurance. in the cold war in British Forces Germany if the balloon went up (so to speak) you were expected to leave your car with the keys in (having filled it up) for anyone to use whilst you went off to war... Needless to say you could forget about insurance.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

RE: Insurance cover

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:47 am
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #14
I can't recall if it was an Eriba owner refused insurance a while back, but the circumstances were even more ridiculous.
The owner was a member of one of the Forces. The van was kept at his workplace, manned high security entrance gate, barbed wire surround, floodlit, 24hr armed guards etc.
Colin

I think he managed to get a quote in the end by taking these precautions when travelling:-

Bill Peters 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Bill Peters.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

They still insisted on a wheel lock however

Randa
(my thanks to Bill Peters Facebook who's pics I "borrowed". He also has a funny caption "If I'd known we had this back up from HM Forces, I wouldn't have bothered to lock Erica!" — at Santander Ferry Port Spain).

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5