Door lock

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:58 am
by Harry m (deleted)

We have a 2016 Troll when we picked it up from storage this weekend we noticed that someone had tampered with the lock, and the door had been opened.
We had not been out in it since we hod it serviced week after the bank holiday, it’s a bit strange that nothing was taken nothing disturbed you wouldn’t no it had been open, other than who ever it was had very dirty hands and you could see evidence of of this on both sides of the lock.

So now the door will not open from the outside without using the key. Does anyone know if this can be fixed or am I looking at a new lock.

Scroll up

RE: Door lock

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:31 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Hi Harry. If it was me I'd order up a new lock and barrel from Jandi as although it does sound fixable I would be concerned that somebody has fashioned a key to get into the van.

The annoying thing is that you'll have a different key for door lock and hatches.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:32 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:55 pm
by Harry m (deleted)

I’v emailed Jandi to ask for a quote for a new lock ,the funny thing is nothing disturbed in side the van I’ve also spotted a small amount of damaged to the door frame like a it may have been forced open but the damage is minimal I fact hard to notice

We find the whole thing very strange

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:55 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

These people list sets of replacement barrels / keys and have some details as to how to go about replacing them

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/zadi_locks.htm

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:43 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Quote: Harry m wrote in post #1
We have a 2016 Troll when we picked it up from storage this weekend we noticed that someone had tampered with the lock, and the door had been opened.
We had not been out in it since we hod it serviced week after the bank holiday, it’s a bit strange that nothing was taken nothing disturbed you wouldn’t no it had been open, other than who ever it was had very dirty hands and you could see evidence of of this on both sides of the lock.
So now the door will not open from the outside without using the key. Does anyone know if this can be fixed or am I looking at a new lock.

After a peaceful evening and getting my thoughts together, I've remember a recent conversation I had with a fellow Eriba Owner (or I might have been our daughter in law's friend who had a van stolen.).

I think it was Eribanaut, who also uses a storage facility.

Anyway, several vans have been stolen from that storage facility and the crooks methods are thus:-

They break into a van next to or nearby to the vans they wish to knock off and use it as a hideout should they be disturbed during the process of making the vans they have their eye on, removable.

Perhaps if Dave (Eribanaut) reads this he might confirm?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

eribanaut likes this post!
Last edited Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:46 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:02 pm
by Harry m (deleted)

The storage facility has cameras on it I will ask the owner to review the footage see if there is anything untoward on it. We have had a caravan stored on this site for over 20 years with out any problem

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:01 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

That's right Roger, Its what the police told our storage site owner this year after a very professional break-in.
Dave
[ in 34c having just got back from a shower after a dip in the pool in Benicasim Spain]

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:17 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I wouldn't bother about someone being able to get a key cut for your van. They obviously don't need a key to get in so why would they.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:09 pm
by Harry m (deleted)

Unfortunately they are not to hard to gain entry as they tend to lock out from time to time .

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3