Carver gas heater

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:58 pm
by One Eyed Steve (deleted)

Hi. New here so thanks for having me. I owned a Puck 15 or so years ago and always regretted selling her. Anyway, my wife and I have put a deposit on another second hand one last weekend. 1993 if I remember correctly.

My wife would like a heater in it and I have been looking on eBay and see lots of Carver heaters for sale for very little money. Why are there so many for sale? Any reason for not fitting one in the lower wardrobe space? Our last Puck had one fitted there.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Scroll up

RE: Carver gas heater

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:21 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Looking on e-bay I can also see lots of them for sale. They seem to be older models, which to me would bode well as they would appear to last longer than the caravans and motorhomes they been taken out of..

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:39 pm

Interesting point😄. I am tempted, the happier my better half is the more we are likely to get away. Think I will spend an evening with Mr Google to learn more about them.

Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:40 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Just a thaught Steve, do you normally use electric hook up sites. If so then a 500 watt oil filled radiator would be a cheaper alternative and well up to the job of keeping a Puck warm.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:02 am

Amongst my many other failings is Viking Re-enactment, basically dressing up in silly clothes and bashing one another with weapons. A major reason for buying the little caravan is to have somewhere comfy to sleep, so, as a rule, no hook up sadly. We had one of those little oil filled radiators and it worked really well in a Puck.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:15 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Love reenactments.......

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:08 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi

Steve and Debbie and like this post!
Last edited Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:10 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:25 am
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Quote: One Eyed Steve wrote in post #5
Amongst my many other failings is Viking Re-enactment, basically dressing up in silly clothes and bashing one another with weapons. A major reason for buying the little caravan is to have somewhere comfy to sleep, so, as a rule, no hook up sadly. We had one of those little oil filled radiators and it worked really well in a Puck.

Have you been to this place:-https://www.ribevikingecenter.dk/en/home.aspx

Ribe (Denmark) is a fabulous old town.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:08 pm

My missus is into weaving and we have promised ourselves a trip to Scandinavia in the next year or two. Would be great to drive there with the Eriba on the back. I have an elderly Labrador and I think we are holding off until he passes away 😢

An “exotic” holiday might be just the job to take our minds off of it when it happens.

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105683 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2