RE: Poptop GRP roof wax/ polish

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 29, 2020 8:34 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Very tall steps and long arms. I have the former but not the later. I've learnt it safer to have the steps at right angles to the van and not parallel.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 29, 2020 9:42 am
by Randa france | 12.886 Posts

You need a 3 in 1 ladder like so:- https://www.wickes.co.uk/Werner-3-in-1-A...Ladder/p/185924

Then add some foam pipe insulation here:- pipe insulation.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Tape it on with insulation tape.

Adjust the ladder height accordingly and lean it onto the awning rail. Be careful though that the lower bits of the ladder don't touch the windows when you add your weight to it. Also take care not to get the lower part of the ladder touching the van on the rounded front.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 29, 2020 2:35 pm
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

Thanks Roger but at £70 Mrs C will exercise her finance director’s veto. Good idea though. I’ll go round all the neighbours and see what’s on offer.
Or maybe I could invent a gadget and become the Eriba world’s equivalent of Elon Musk!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 29, 2020 5:19 pm

Yes but in our opinion you never find an honest and wealthy designer. Thomas Edison is a casing point. It's more a case of the first to the patent office with a bag full of cash
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:10 am
by jago68 (deleted)

sorry to but in gentlemen, but the meguires you are talking about - whihc one? I am looking at the oxidisation remover

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MEGUIARS-M4916-...V2HFVCH0D8NBXPT

but is there another one? On the roof should i use the meguires to clean and polish, then turtle wax over the top?
To remove 'greying' form the sides ?? I boughts osme T cut - is there a better option? Im not sure what the 2007 puck L sides are made from? I need a polisher ( greying remover) and then a wax for the sides?

Eriba Puck L 230 GT 2007 in all its loveliness, new to me in 2020
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:12 pm
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

Check out the Meguires website which has the full range of products. Personally I would use the Meguire’s Carnauba Gold spray for ease. I use another product called “Grunt” (see www.gruntboatcleaner.co.uk) for cleaning before waxing. It removes all stains and is a favourite of boatyards for getting stubborn stains off GRP. As ever, test everything on a small area before getting in too deep!

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 pm
by jago68 (deleted)

thanks Captain - I saw grunt - will it restore yellowed pop top to white and shiny? thats what im looking for . ...

what would you recommned for the sides (smooth)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:23 pm
by jago68 (deleted)

Just looked at grunt website and that looks great for the top and the roof, but i am still stuck as to what to use on the sides which is a different flat material - i dont know if that is a gel coat too ?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:04 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

For the painted sides of a smooth van, from gutter rail down, treat as you would your car [Remove any tar spots etc with white spirit if needed]
That is a thorough soaking, nice warm water and car shampoo, chamois or microfibre cloth [I prefer] and then wax. Autoglym is the best.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:53 pm
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Hi, We use the following........

This we used to get rid of all the chalking etc on the roof:
Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/StarBrite-Fib...vMAAOSwJ~5b9paC

We then waxed with this:
Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Starbrite-Pre...qAAAOSwv~1aFqhd

We now use this every year on the roof and sides. It's not cheap but is very easy to apply and a little goes a long way:
Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/StarBrite-Fib...vMAAOSwJ~5b9paC

Chris

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Last edited Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:54 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:25 pm

Zitat
Pepe le Pew:- I'd use Autoglym Super Resin Polish. It is abrasive - as are all polishes in that the act of polishing removes surface material - but it's so gentle that you'd have to really work at it to do any damage.

For a few years now, I've been worrying about the dimple finish on our Troll and have tried various mild solutions on the surface to try and clean it. I was convinced that some of the black pin head marks were a sign that the paint finish had been rubbed away.

However, a couple of months ago I tried some Autoglym on a small area and wonder of wonders, it cleaned it really well including getting ride of the black spots.

Randa

eribanaut likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:26 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:12 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

All this time I've known you and I never realised you have dimples.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:53 am

That's because I don't walk around all summer exposing my a*** to the world

Randa

eribanaut and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:48 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:27 pm
by FINNWOODY | 137 Posts

I've never met you Roger but now I feel that I know you in that very special way......mmm

mr_underhill and Sulphurman like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 51 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2