RE: Where do I buy a side skirt for my Troll - know any suppliers?

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:41 pm
by Jonathan Mills (deleted)

I need a skirt for my Troll !!

Happy to collect within reasonable distance of Kingston upon Thames

Scroll up

Where do I buy a side skirt for my Troll - know any suppliers?

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:49 pm
by Jonathan Mills (deleted)

Hi does anyone know suppliers for a skirt for my Troll? Are any of them particularly recommended??

Regards

Jonathan

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:06 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

Jonathan,
you just missed the first genuine one I've ever seen for sale on e-bay.
In the past I've cut the step slot out of the skirt and it's never really been a good job. I'd go the route of buying the 500mm high standard strip and then use a cheap seperate step instead of the Eriba's built in step. This is what I currectly do when using our Kampa Pop-air awning.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Williebraveheart likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:35 pm
by Randa france | 12.874 Posts

Eriba awning skirts are the same as most other caravan skirts Jonathan and can be bought by the metre. The only problem is the folding step which has to be cut around.
https://www.towsure.com/awning-draft-skirt-grey-per-metre
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:26 pm
by Sportique | 332 Posts

Colin,
we have a similar arrangement, but instead of a step we use a re-furbished Orange box - it then double as a container for the "setting up site" hardware - wheel brace, drill, steady blocks, wheel levellers, EHU cable etc and is placed just inside the door during travelling. (On a non-slide mat!)

Dave

Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to a 1994 320GT
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:48 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

We just use the skirt we got with the Kampa Pop Air on our Troll, that has no cut out for steps. Thought about doing what Colin did and cut out for the step but instead bought a caravan double step from Aldi that was a good price and seems very strong.

I haven't been near Aldi since the Lockdown but Kath wanted some books for the young grandchildren to use whilst not at school so we nipped in on Tuesday night and I noticed that they had the steps in again. Can't remember the price. We use this instead of the separate steps we used to use when putting the awning in the awning rail.

MikeT

Last edited Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:49 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105661 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3