Help ... motor mover dead

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:01 pm
by RoofRaiser (deleted)

Help ... our Triton is stuck on our drive!! We have a Reich mover which appears to be totally dead. Tried the reset process, plenty of charge in the leisure battery and everything seems ok, but nothing whatsoever happening with the mover. Any and all ideas would be gratefully received. Many thanks all ... there must be something we haven’t tried or have done wrong. (Newby Eriba owners ...... !!)

Scroll up

RE: Help ... motor mover dead

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:51 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.325 Posts

How old is the mover. The newer Reich Easidriver have a 5 year warranty.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:20 pm
by RoofRaiser (deleted)

Hi ... thanks for the reply ... it’s quite an old one 2006. We bought the van a few weeks ago and it had been parked on our drive, but we need to move it. It did work after a bit of fiddling about when we got it home, but is now refusing to co-operate at all. I’ve done all the reset procedures etc as per the instruction book, but nothing. We’re a bit stumped now as a combination of old age and dodgy backs mean we will struggle to move it manually. Time for a new one maybe .... ??

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:31 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I suppose check the basics first, is the batteries in the remote control ok, do you have an inline fuse on the leisure battery?

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:47 pm
by RoofRaiser (deleted)

Hi ... all basics checked. Had a look and can’t see a fuse that seems to connect to anything related to the mover. We’re stumped!! Thanks for your thoughts ....

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:09 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

There probably won't be a fuse fitted between the control box and the battery.

When you first switch on the mover at the isolation switch you should hear the relays click in the main control box as it powers up.

If no relay noise check for 12V at the control box connectors. If no 12V check battery and switch connections

Best not to have the mover wound onto the tyres while testing.

Sportique and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:06 pm
by RoofRaiser (deleted)

Thanks for this. A little job for my better half in the morning. Can’t hear any clicks as anything starts up. All the electrics are under the seat with nothing interfering with them, so may well be faulty connections. Nothing looks lose or in any way dodgy on inspection. Could it be the isolator switch itself that’s faulty perhaps ..... ? (My knowledge of things electrical is sketchy, at best. .....).

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:45 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Yes, it could be a faulty isolator switch.

You can prove this by transfering one cable to the other switch terminal to short the two together.

Another thought - does the LED illuminate on the handset when it's switched on (double-click of the button)?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:39 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

Worth checking the handset also. Mine gave up the ghost and became very intermittent. I sent it back to Reich who repaired it but it failed again after a few weeks. Eventually I bought a generic remote from eBay and had it delivered to me at the campsite where I was staying. After a fiddly pairing process it worked perfectly and has ever since. In fact it’s far better than the original ever was.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:10 pm
by RoofRaiser (deleted)

Well .... after a lot of fiddling about, I have returned, slightly red faced, to confess that the leisure battery (which our charger was saying was well charged) is, in fact totally caput! Booked into our local caravan service place for a replacement tomorrow. Fingers crossed it’s the answer we need.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:50 pm
by Ryangeo (deleted)

That’s interesting because my motor never is intermittent. Several times it’s seemed dead and I’m about to get the wife and sons out to push it into the drive when it’s come life again and runs sweetly TIL it’s in and then next time same again. Question is which generic handset did you buy and I’ll follow your example - many thanks

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:41 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Ryangeo this is possibly no help or relevance but I have a Reich Motor mover and it has always worked perfectly except for once when we stayed at the Crystal Palace C &M Club site when it suddenly stopped working

My first thought was to change the batteries in the handset but this had no effect as it still didn't work properly.

The warden came over to give me a hand moving our Troll manually and he said that this sometimes happened to remote controls on the site and they put it down to some kind of interference to the signal from the enormous TV & Radio mast next to the site , which we were very near to. He said it was something that seemed to effect some remote controls on certain movers but not all the time. Sure enough it didn't work again when we came to leave but a chap helped me to hitch up manually.

When we got home it worked again fine & has worked again every time since.......................!

To be honest I thought he might have been talking the gonads mentioned in one of yesterdays posts....................but what do I know?

Might you have something giving a signal near where you keep your van that is causing it to misbehave? Just a thought.................

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105770 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2