wheelarch seal

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:26 pm
by scouteralf | 114 Posts

my Troll was obviously stored in the sun by it,s previous owner and the rubber seal between the wheel arch and body is flacky and badly crazed.
any one where to purchase replacement, and what sealing compound to use.

cheers

troll 530GT pushing Kia sportage awd
Scroll up

RE: wheelarch seal

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:32 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.325 Posts

This came up as what to use behind the awning rail when re-fixing. They must do a narrower one that would meet your needs. https://www.amazon.co.uk/W4-Wide-Mastic-...&sr=1-1-catcorr

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:42 pm

many thanks, but the seal is grey in colour and convexed

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:59 pm

Ah, I know the one. For an exact match it may well be an Eriba dealer, but have you looked on Seals Direct website. They may have something suitable and you could replace both to match if needed. https://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/Index.asp

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:59 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:51 am
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

I have just taken the wheelarch off my 2007 Triton so that I could take the lower trim off for some maintenance. There was no seal between the arch and the body, just two large screws at the lower ends and a few small screws around the outer edge. All had a blob of mastic behind them and evidence of mastic on the screws when they were removed.

I can't actually see the need for a gasket there as the only chance of water ingress is through the screws. Normally the purpose of a gasket is to cover a join in the body panels?

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:56 am

Ray the gasket is an addition to newer vans to make them look nicer. Whilst the idea might have had some aesthetic appeal in reality it might have made issues worse. As we have seen it is another area to be effected by the sun, but more commonly it shrinks and leaves an ugly gap at the ends, as I amongst others can testify from personal experience.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:37 pm

Thanks for the replies, will phone around some of the dealers and see what i can find.
your right about it being cosmetic, and it does spoil the look.
Like a little ding or something once you know its there it bugs you.

cheers

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:49 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

On the newer ones, as well as the seal curling up, where the arch screws to the underside of the body, the plastic on ours has cracked up. I have reinforced mine with a little bit of aluminium stuck to the plastic.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6