Renovation question

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:47 am
by Moodenelle (deleted)

So our lovely 2009 Puck L is now safely installed on our drive and we intend to spend the winter renovating her.
Can anyone recommend the best paint brand for the wood veneer cupboards? We were advised to try Frenchic (chalk paint) but nervous that it wouldn’t be tough enough and they don’t seem to do tester pots....
Thanks!

Scroll up

RE: Renovation question

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:12 am
by Derekcbr (deleted)

For all types of wood finish try Fiddes and son. www.fiddes.co.uk

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:55 am
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

The problem you will have is I think the cabinet work is not veneered. It has a thin printed plastic film surface. If it is timber then the following would still be my approach.
A melamine and ceramic tile primer will stick to this once the surfaces have had a thorough clean and de-grease.
Over this you should be able to apply most paints. I would go with acrylic / water based as this will be colourfast. Anything oil based will fade with age and do so unevenly due to lack of light.
An eggshell would be the most forgiving finish and my choice as gloss finishes are very difficult to apply to a faultless finish.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:36 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

I'm surprised that a 2009 van is in need of renovation. What's the problem?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:54 am
by Sportique | 332 Posts

Is it "renovation" or "change"

Dave

Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to a 1994 Pan Familia 320
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:49 pm
by Moodenelle (deleted)

To clarify - its a renovation in that it's not in need of an overhaul, but we want to change the colour scheme. Looking to make it all lighter inside with paint and new cushions.

Last edited Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:50 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:49 pm
by Scimike (deleted)

Not in an Eriba exactly, but in our previous teardrop we used vinyl sheet used for signs. It available in every colour you can think of and can be cut to cover any flat surface i.e cupboard doors etc. Was on the interior and exterior for years and still looked like new.
I guess you could do complex curved surfaces if you use automotive wrap.
IMG_20200712_104240.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
IMG_20200712_104252.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

It's the same film (light blue) on the outside of the white van and on the cupboard doors. Sadly I don't have any better pictures. Just an alternative to painting.

SOULBLUESMAN68 and like this post!
Last edited Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:51 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:46 pm
by Moodenelle (deleted)

ooh looks lovely! I have been checking out the Twinkle Diaries - someone who has done up three old traditional caravans but has great tips for painting, wallpapering and upholstery for 'vans.

Puck L 230GT - Jeep Wrangler 2.8 Polar Edition
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 14 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0