Our 2020 modifications in readiness for a 2021 season. Table top Freezer and Washroom Sink

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:17 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

No Eribas were harmed in the process and all can be put back the way it was (I hope).

Disclaimer:- I do not hold myself responsible for any of the joinery being out of square ( because it is). This is due to a number of factors.
1) The Eriba walls and furniture I connected to was not always true and level.
2) The bits I added were not always true and level.
3) I'm getting too bloody old for all this which is true and on the level. I now need glasses which mist up immediately I start work. I can get down to floor level quite easily (otherwise called "falling over") but getting up again is another story.
4) This is definitely the last mod I wish to do in a trailer caravan.

Moving the On Board Table Top Freezer:-
We have always carried a freezer but up until two years ago it used to travel in the car before moving it into an awning/canopy upon arrival. However, two years ago, we decided to move it to sit where the front table of our 530 normally sits. This meant raising the front wide single bed to bridge over the top of the freezer at night. Adding a freezer into the Eriba.

The freezer travelled well and without any issues as far as Greece and Turkey last year and up to the north of England this year. However, we now have a new small, black travelling companion who couldn't resist investigating the small spaces behind the freezer and into the front lockers. She did no damage but one evening, probably after our fill of the red stuff and sitting in the back of the van, we started discussing whether we could rearrange the back of the van, taking away the benefit of the double bed but leaving wide, comfortable lounge seats for TV watching and single bed sleeping. In other words reducing the van's sleeping capacity to two but there are only the two of us not including the cat.

Nothing ventured and all that, this is the result which was bloody hard work (yes it can be put back the way it was if we can't get on with it).

A couple of weeks ago we bought a second hand coffee table to use as a donor for a new top and side. I had visions of a complete box in (except the front) but the table top size was almost perfect as it was and left enough room for ventilation and possible renewal of the freezer at some point.

IMG_1052 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_1053 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_1054 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Still a few bits and pieces to do.

Removing the Washroom Sink:-
The trangular sink and cupboard in the washroom has always been on our minds. The sink itself has always been badly surface cracked so we never use it. Also the trangular cupboard below gets in the way of our knees.

We've never used the toilet for anything other than a quick pee at night but were forced to rely on it for four or five days this year as the C and MC decided to close the toilet block at their Hawes site.

Removing the exisitng plastic moulded unit was quite easy but trying to find something suitable to line the naked half wall with got us thinking. We eventually went to our stock pile in the garage and dug out two quarry tile effect laminated boards left over from our bathroom floor project of about 10 years ago. They are quite large sheets, 400mm x 1000mm and 5mm thick so needed very little timber framework.

We again encountered an unlevel shower tray floor and a wonky mirror housing so that there is a difference of as much as 20mm from side to side. Not a lot we could do about that.

The boarding below the exisiting mirror stands off the wall by 100mm and has a lift off lid. I created an internal shelf behind that boarding about 300 mm down so that we can pop all the various shampoos and cleaning fluids normally kept in the old triangular cupboard, inside it and out of sight.

Mrs R bought a fluffy washable mat for the floor and also covered the wheel arch with the same material. Tried to hide my bad workmanship with some anthracite grey mastic and all screws covered with graphite grey screw covers. Very happy with the result and plenty of leg room.

Again, a few bits and bobs to finish it off under the window.

IMG_1048 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_1049 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_1050 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_1051 04.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:38 am | Scroll up

RE: Our 2020 modifications in readiness (hopefulness) for a 2021 season.

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:07 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Your slowly catching up [or down] with me Roger
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:27 pm

No, we had to leave the toilet in Dave. Couldn't do with out that
R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:53 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.325 Posts

Well done that man. I particularly like the freezer job. You now have great worksurface area for cooking as a bonus.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:26 pm

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #4
Well done that man. I particularly like the freezer job. You now have great worksurface area for cooking as a bonus.
Colin

Thanks mate. In saying that of course, our gas cooker lid hinges over in the same direction but we prefer to use the single induction hob so that extra work surface is just right for the micro over of if we decide to take a micro wave. Also the floor space under the cross seat is big enough to carry the above while travelling.
If it all goes well then I might be tempted to make the mod permanent and box the cross seat in.
The biggest problem was that the existing fridge/cooker/sink top was not parallel and therefore not perpendicular to the seat locker tops or vice versa but I think I could get over that by boxing in th e cross seat and reworking my levels from there.
We will be relying on our bed rolls across the back window for back supports. We use them for that purpose already and it's an easy storage solution.
Randa

Last edited Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:29 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2