Turning on the gas*******

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:53 pm
by jago68 (deleted)

Hello there!
Jago here aka binky on Facebook .

New to me 2017 triton.
Going for a day out tomorrow as tier three and fed up of not being able to use it.

Turned on the gas ( the round know at top of gas canaster) and the valve in the cutlery draw to horizontal, but no gas coming out.
Previous owners told me it was half full.

Have I missed some thing?

There is a tiny knob under what I assume is the regulator.

Eriba Puck L 230 GT 2007 in all its loveliness, new to me in 2020
Scroll up

RE: Turning on the gas*******

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:02 pm
by Karisman | 28 Posts

If you have a small knob on the hoze from the gasbottle, that is a security valve. Close the gas, press the knob and open the the one on the gasbottle. Hold down the knob for 5 seconds. That should fix it. The green one in the picture

t hose.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Last edited Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:15 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:13 pm
by jago68 (deleted)

I didn’t see anything, I think there was a black knob under regulator? Have posted on fb as well as easier to upload photos

Eriba Puck L 230 GT 2007 in all its loveliness, new to me in 2020
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:24 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.324 Posts

As Karisman says there is a push valve thingy. If you follow the short hose from the bulkhead, just before it goes into the regulator that sits on top of the bottle I have a green plastic push valve about 18mm in diameter. I frequently forget to press this even after owning the van for three years.
The routine should be, turn on gas at bottle, flip the white toggle leaver on the bulkhead, press the push valve and then go inside. Open the relevant isolator valve under the sink. If you are using the gas fire or fridge I find it a good idea to get the hob going first to help the gas get through/purge any air locks. These normally take longer to light.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:24 pm
by Karisman | 28 Posts

Where on FB?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:33 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Mine is black too. With the control wheel on top of the cylinder fully open press the top of the black "button" and hold for a second or two'. You'll sometimes feel a slight movement as it clicks into its "stay open position"ie as the gas pressurises the line. This is a hose-break protection device: it shuts off the gas supply if the hosepipe from the cylinder to the regulator is cut or punctured.

Last edited Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:59 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12538 topics and 105761 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0