Leisure First?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:27 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

In this months C&CC magazine which arrived today there is an advert for Leisure First, it looks identical to Automotive Leisure’s advert, same layout and wording but this different name, a mobile phone number and email address. I googled and the website isn’t available yet. AL’s website makes no mention of a name change. Does anyone know anything about this?

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

RE: Leisure First?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:46 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.324 Posts

The Hymer/Eriba website does not show a Leisure First a s being a dealer. However, when I spoke to Red Lion Caravans a couple of months back they did say they were not the only new dealer to be appointed. https://www.eriba.com/en/service-and-acc...ler-search.html

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:46 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:06 pm

It’s confusing as the ad states”The Official New and Used Eriba dealer” 50+ in stock. Vast range in our showroom now. It’s identical bar the name.
Neil has just spotted AL’s ad in Septembers mag. Uses the same mobile number, no landline but AL’s name. Now I’m very confused 🤔
Personally I’m always wary of businesses that just give mobile numbers but I’m probably just old fashioned. Seems very odd that AL would use a new business name without a fanfare to launch it.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:17 pm
by Randa france | 12.883 Posts

You mean this one Julie?

AL.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I'll ask them for you.

In the same edition I'd like to applaud the Ducato team for finally coming up with a solution to the 'orrible big campervans that are currently produced.

No more parking in front of you and blocking your view.

Ducato.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Good, innit?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Julie Grafo, campnsnooze and addisb like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:31 pm

That’s the one Roger 👍
On second viewing it is AL but to my mind it’s really bad business to change an established trading name with no explanation/announcement.

Ducato have obviously got the idea from Aston Martin and James Bond, brilliant but is it like the Emperor’s new clothes 😂

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:45 pm

It's the green model Roger, reduced weight, greater mpg etc. I think prospective buyers will see through it though.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:20 pm

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #6
It's the green model Roger, reduced weight, greater mpg etc. I think prospective buyers will see through it though.Colin

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:18 pm
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Maybe AL has had too many complaints, so is changing its name!!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:00 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

On the Companies House website, Leisure First is a new company incorporated on 20th July. The director is Joanne Robbins, who resigned as director and secretary of Automotive Leisure in 2016. The registration addresses are the same. So just looks like either an internal buy out or maybe splitting the company to take care of different aspects of the business.
Should be interesting to see what changes take place.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi (well would be if we ever get a trip this year)
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:35 am

I've had a reply to our Email to Automotive Leisure and this is what they say:-

Automotive Leisure <cameron@automotiveleisure.co.uk>
Thu 24/09/2020 17:50
To: Randa france Eribafolk
Hi Roger,
Well spotted!
We are re-branding to “Leisure First Ltd”, same team as before. The name “automotive” at thirteen years old, and now copied with many close variations. We felt it was time for an update/change..
We are also moving to new premises over this weekend, our new address; 8 -12 Fancy Road. Poole. Dorset. BH12 4DZ. We wanted an outdoor level site, to suit our purpose more effectively.
Regards
Cameron

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:56 am

Looking on Google Maps the move is only about a mile and the new site appears to be about the same size as the old one.

AL 03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)AL 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)AL 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

mr_underhill likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:15 am
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

I can just imagine a caravan of caravans moving from one to another !

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
Randa france and Julie Grafo like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:53 am

Looks smaller to me, but I'm sure somebody will find out soon.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:33 pm
by Shady Pines | 62 Posts

Been to Leisure First Wed 7th Oct unfortunately took down postcode from Cameron's post above only to find ourselves in a residential area in the wrong part of Poole.
The correct postcode is BH12 4Qz. Have been told many e-mails were sent to previous customers informing them of change of address. I did not receive one would be interested if anyone else did.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:54 pm

Hi Charlie.Thanks for the info. The aerial view I posted above is the same place however.

What is the new place like and are they fully up and running? They have changed their website but are still called Automotive Leisure.

I didn't have an Email but not being a customer of thiers for more than 10 years I wouldn't expect one.

Randa

Scroll up

Visitors
8 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12538 topics and 105764 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 8