Instant Garage

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:58 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Or that's the way some people describe it. Clarke Garage.

I was looking at these a few years ago and an Eribacar owner on Facebook has just purchased the very large one and he reckons it's ace.

This one will fit a Troll and is hardly any more money than a Protec cover. Does anybody use one? Just realised that the door is only 1.9 high. Wonder if it can be raised up on blocks?

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224206115595

Randa

The following contents have been linked to this post:

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

mr_underhill likes this post!
Last edited Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:04 pm | Scroll up

RE: Instant Garage

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:02 pm

The majority of people who responded on the German Eriba Facebook to this guy's idea don't reckon it will stand up for very long. It does have concrete feet however.

Thomas Termath 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Thomas Termath 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:18 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

I am using a motor bike garage, by Clarke as an auxiliary shed for 12 months. It is bolted down to concrete and is weathering very well thanks.IMG_4901.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_4910.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_4987.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:51 pm

Interesting assembly video on this page:- https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-c...nt-garage---da/

Also the beauty of this is that unlike a Protec cover which goes missing when you're out and abouting, the Clarke garage remains in place.

Randa

Eribanut and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Last edited Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:53 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:10 am
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #4
Interesting assembly video on this page:- https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-c...nt-garage---da/

Also the beauty of this is that unlike a Protec cover which goes missing when you're out and abouting, the Clarke garage remains in place.

Randa

Also unlike a cover will not rub on the van/windows in windy conditions. Better ventilation too methinks !

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:49 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

I suppose you would also have to the consider location and visual impact. Would it stand out more than a caravan? Would it be easier for somebody to break into the van as they cannot be seen?

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:37 pm

Mine, although slightly smaller at 2.4m sq., is in my back garden, but measurements will be taken to see if it can be reused for the puck. The front gets virtually no wind.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Looking at the assembly video, you'd need to cut the front apex vertically to allow extra door height. No big problem though. A couple of closing straps or velcro should do it.
R

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:05 pm

front door rolls up as it has zippers on both opening sides. Any advance from level would have to be thought about !

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:13 pm

Another problem Roger. Ridge height is 2.4m and width of the splayed base is 3m. If you do a scale drawing then I suspect a newer van would not fit under the roof slope. I also doubt an older one would. Well I wouldn't be confident enough to order the garage it is that close a call.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:29 pm

Door opening (WxH) - 2.3x1.9m on Dimensions (LxWxH): 6.1 x 3 x 2.4m

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:43 pm

In your case Andy (a Puck) then only 4" too low.
R

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:33 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #12
In your case Andy (a Puck) then only 4" too low.
R
I'd imagine something like this would be a semi-permanent thing for anyone considering it, so it might be worth knocking up a three-sided dwarf wall with bricks, breeze block or sleepers as a base to give you the necessary height.

All you'd need do then is increase the drop of the door accordingly so that it reaches the ground.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:49 pm

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #10
Another problem Roger. Ridge height is 2.4m and width of the splayed base is 3m. If you do a scale drawing then I suspect a newer van would not fit under the roof slope. I also doubt an older one would. Well I wouldn't be confident enough to order the garage it is that close a call.
Colin

Yes, worth checking out but I've just calculated it with the only dimensions provided and the newer model which is 2100 wide, should just fit under the rafters if it's parked dead centre (with mms to spare). Any small dwarf wall though to increase the door height, should overcome any concerns.
Randa

Last edited Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:01 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:11 pm

I've just had a word with these three outside. They said if you can find somebody to help them they'll lift the posts up a bit. They also said it would be more politically correct in the the time we now live in.
IMG_3340-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Colin

mr_underhill likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6