SOLD Thule Bike Rack with Full Mounting Hardware for A Frame or T Pole Chassis

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:53 pm
by Allan Wood (deleted)

This is an un-used Thule Superb Bike Rack suitable for either an A Frame fitting or comes complete with the purpose made bracketry to mount onto a rectangular T pole chassis. It was removed from a 12 month old Eriba Touring GT.

The rack itself is unused, as in it's never carried bikes, but it was fitted to an Eriba for 12 months so has been outside for that period.

The rack will support 2 bikes to a combined max load of 50kgs, with the max per bike stated at 30kgs. Weight of the rack is 8.9kgs plus the additional brackets if fitting to a T pole chassis.

Comes supplied with all necessary fixings.

Looking for £250:00 including the T pole bracket.

Eriba1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Eriba2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Eriba3.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Eriba4.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Eriba5.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Eriba6.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Eriba7.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Eriba8.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Eriba9.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Eriba10.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Eriba11.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Collect from Nottingham area or could arrange LOCAL delivery, but no postage.

Allan.

Mobile number and mail address removed (this forum is open to the entire world), so could anybody interested please contact the OP using the private message facility.

Thanks

Pete

Last edited Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:03 pm | Scroll up

RE: Thule Bike Rack with Full Mounting Hardware for A Frame or T Pole Chassis

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:42 pm
by jago68 (deleted)

What made you remove it ?

Eriba Puck L 230 GT 2007 in all its loveliness, new to me in 2020
.... three months on Triton 430GT 2017!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:29 pm
by Allan Wood (deleted)

NOW SOLD. THANKYOU

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:06 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

It was a bargain.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:43 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #4
It was a bargain.

Colin

Why?

A Thule towball mounted 2-bike carrier retails from £70 new. Add that to the cost of mounting a towball to your A-frame and it works out at much less than £250 plus you have the option to easily remove the rack when not needed.

Seems a no-brainer to me to go for that option rather than the more expensive fixed rack which is not easily removed when not required...

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:06 pm

I have a Thule Express carrier and the front towball mount. The kit that was sold is in a different league engineering wise. The price it was offered at was also a lot cheaper than new.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:56 am
by Alex McIntyre (deleted)

Wish I’d seen that before I made my own bracket! I’m in Nottingham as well!

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 2BD4CC4C-F528-4903-85EA-43CCF9136D48.jpeg 
 56B26855-D200-41BD-873F-D99AD6A4A519.jpeg 

eribaMotters, Terryc and sdelasal like this post!
Last edited Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:05 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:15 pm

Well done that man. Lovely bit of ali welding.

Colin

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:03 pm
by Alex McIntyre (deleted)

Can’t take credit for the welding ..... but enjoyed designing it. A friend of a friend obliged. Only 3.5 kg plus the Thule. Impressed by the Eriba original though as it looks like a well made piece of kit.
Looking forward to getting back on the road next month.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:57 pm
by Simpatica (deleted)

I’m soon to be a new owner of a530 Troll. I ve sourced a Thule bike rack at a very good price ..not sure if I need the Superb standard or Superb short..it’s to go onto the A frame. The dimensions of the standard are 130w.85h.57d. And the short has a depth of 44cm. I’d rather go for the standard as it can be extendable to 3 bikes..both take e bikes at 30kg max each bike, and both can be preset to tilt to a certain angle to get into the gad locker. Will the standard fit the 530 troll A frame?and could we fit it ourselves?Thanks folks!!

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:04 pm

From what I've seen I don't recall the model fitted being able to carry 3 bikes. I'd download the Eriba brochure if I was you to see what the full description or stock code is. If you are practically competent it should be a DIY fit.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:52 pm
by Miniman | 20 Posts

HI
as a new Troll 530 owner I'm going through all of the same questions re Thule bike racks. I know the the official Eriba version is available but at about £850 fitted is to expensive. Im happy to fabricate the special bit that goes underneath. Can some one advise me if I a better getting the Thule Superp Standard are Short. Its only to carry to 2 bikes. Any answers will be gratefully received

Ian

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:59 pm

Ian, how timely and wise your question is.
I've just fitted a Thule Superb carrier to my Feeling, as this is the model listed in brochures and price lists. I believe it is incorrect and should have been the Thule Superb Short. I'm in an e-mail conversation with Eriba at present as they actually fit the Short model.
I suspect this may be the same situation for the Touring. You need to get somebody with the Eriba supplied Thule carrier to photograph the product code label on the carrier so you can confirm if my suspicions are correct.

Colin

I've just zoomed in on one of the above photos and the product code is 307384.

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:03 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:09 pm
by Sparks | 33 Posts

I concur on the model number having recently looked at the Thule Superb on a 2023 Touring and noted the model number 307384. I am still unsure whether this is short or standard, but it’s as supplied by Eriba. However we took our bikes along with us to try out as this is a critical factor in whether we go for another Troll, but still found that the outer bike fouls on turning the jockey wheel crank. Strictly the bike would have to be loaded after hitching and removed prior to unhitching. So I’m in a quandary about these racks. We currently have a 2013 530 and use a Thule Xpress towball mounted rack but have to remove the front bike wheels to clear jockey wheel crank access. This is a real pain. How do you find your Superb rack in terms of jockey wheel access?

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:52 pm

You have to remember my Eriba is a Feeling and not a touring. On my carrier, the front most aluminium v profile was in line with the jockey wheel and meant the operation of this was going to be difficult.
It has been possible for me to move this v profile to a pre-drilled set of holes closer to the van, but I have then needed to cut and fit two strips of stainless steel to support the front pivot/hinge point. I do not know if this is possible on the model fitted to the Touring.

66 - cycle carrier reinforcement.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

Does this help. Hopefully you have an auto translate on your laptop. https://www.roma-nijverdal.nl/thule-cara...tsendrager.html

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol - oh dear me, I've gone to the darkish side and bought a Feeling after 4 Tourings

Last edited Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:56 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105591 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4