Whale Point Installation by Rob Jackson using one tank instead of two.

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:44 pm
by bobbage (deleted)

Hi I would be grateful if anyone can help provide the diagrams on a post made on eriba amiga by Richard Jackson (deceased). The Project is still on the Eriba Owners Web Site, but not the diagrams. In particular I would like to see his two wiring diagrams to suit the tap switches. I have fitted a 30 litre tank to replace the 2 12 litre tanks, filled either from mains, watering can or aqua roll via Truma connector. This is with a view of providing hot water, maybe! Thanks.

Last edited Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:07 am | Scroll up

RE: Whale Point Installation by Richard Jackson using one tank instead of two.

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:32 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

Not exactly what you want, but I fitted hot water and large tank to previous van. What you should be able to do is find a terminal block under each sink. Disconnect the individual pumps from these and run leads to near your new tank. Put a new terminal block next to the tank, fit these two longer leads here and your new pump into the top of the tank. This should solve half of your problem.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:40 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Hi Bob. Unfortunately a lot of Rob-Jax information has been lost over the years since his unfortunate death. I did find this however but am not sure if it's what you're looking for.

https://www.eribaforum.co.uk/eriba%20ami...ject_water.html

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:46 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:28 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

The project guide link at the bottom looks very similar to the way I fitted my Whale inlet.

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:28 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:34 pm
by bobbage (deleted)

Hi, yes indeed, that link is to the project I am referring to. Perhaps you have the wiring diagrams that are no longer linked to the project. I understand about using the secondary relays to run the pumps so as not to overload the tap micro switches. I presume you completed the project?
Thanks for the reply tho. any more help greatly welcomed. Its fun this playing with water!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:25 am
by Sportique | 332 Posts

Is this the wiring diagram you are looking for?

Microswitch relay wiring for tap pump.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Dave & Taka
Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to a 1994 Pan Duo T
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:20 am

I changed mine from an inboard container to an aquaroll system. I fitted a Whale Inlet Socket – With Integrated Pressure Switch. Then I took the wires from my tap and fitted them to the Whale inlet. It works on a negative pressure. I open my tap , which drops the pressure and switches the pump in the aquaroll on. Not quite what you need I think ?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:24 pm
by bobbage (deleted)

Thanks Dave, it confirms my thoughts, in fact I ordered a single pole 12v relay from Amazon this morning, 2 in fact. One an electronic sensor, the other a 12v common relay found in most motor cars, these to convert low current to switch headlights etc, saving the micro switches of the taps. It helps seeing I am not inventing the wheel! Therefore my plan is reasonably sound.
I thank you all for reading my ideas and offering so much help from your own experiences.
So that solves drawing water from the new tank and I expect delivery of a Shurflo pump and strainer to replace the existing pumps tomorrow.
However I am still chewing the cud over the Whale entry point, and controlling mains direct to the new tank! I am happy with the Aqua Roll idea of top up, but the thought of a continuous flow of mains water into the caravan gives me the wobbles.
One more point Richard made in his project, was taking the piping under the caravan! That has never entered my mind, it is far more direct, I have already run a cold water feed internally from the Whale point to the new tank; tedious and difficult, but underneath the floor has that been done? Short route for the hot water to the heads.
Thanks again all of you for such help.
Bob

Alan likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:09 pm

Quote: bobbage wrote in post #5
Hi, yes indeed, that link is to the project I am referring to. Perhaps you have the wiring diagrams that are no longer linked to the project.

Bob. The wiring diagrams are in the link (In this sentence):- Roger has provided a circuit diagram,

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:01 am
by Sportique | 332 Posts

Roger, that link in your post is dead on my PC

Dave

Dave & Taka
Audi A3 2.0 TDi Sport closely linked to a 1994 Pan Duo T
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:05 am

Hi Dave. That's strange. it works fine for me Anyway no worries as it only shows what you've posted on here.
Randa

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:18 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #11
Hi Dave. That's strange. it works fine for me Anyway no worries as it only shows what you've posted on here.
Randa
He's right, you know.

There's no hyperlink there. In the edit box it shows as just an underline.

You lost your instruction book?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:57 am

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:13 pm
by bobbage (deleted)

That link does work any longer, hence my asking if anyone still has those diagrams. However I am now nearly sure my plan will work, if not watch eBay for the sale of pump and accessories.

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 56 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0