On Board Water Am I missing The Point

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:40 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Good afternoon all we are in the process of starting the search for a Troll. On board water tanks I have read a couple of threads in fact one not so long ago. But my question is this on board water tank takes up valuable internal space in the van. External water tank takes up space until you arrive then lives outside.

Onboard and external both require filling one you roll to the tap the other water is carried then poured into the on board tank.

Therefore what is the advantage of on board tanks v Aquroll?

Or am I missing something? Thank you Morphy

On the hunt for a Troll 540GT Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

RE: On Board Water Am I missing The Point

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:52 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

We have an onboard which came with the Triton we bought. I don't mind the space it takes up as we tend to travel fairly light anyway. If an eriba is not already fitted with a tank (just the two small ones) the I can see that an aquaroll would be good. The only disadvantage is having to have the connection fitted but that isn't much of a problem.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:25 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Cheers Steve if you look at the price the onboard water tank is actually £70 cheaper?

On the hunt for a Troll 540GT Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:44 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

We are on our 4th Eriba, of which only the 1st did not have an onboard tank. If you have hot water then you must have onboard tank or an aquaroll. It is down to personal preference. I do not want to transport a possibly dirty and wet aquaroll that could potentially move around and damage my van on the journey. It also does not keep your water cool in the hot summers we have [on the continent]. The amount of room it takes up I have not found to be an issue as you cannot realistically use all of your storage space.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
chasnick and Morphy like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:21 pm
by Terryc | 104 Posts

Have onboard tank & external point for aquaroll onboard tank never been used , aquaroll been used twice ,tank under bed doesn’t take up much room came with new van would not bother to fit one ,only use aquaroll water for washing up ,bottle water for kettle..

Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:32 pm
by Alan | 77 Posts

We have an onboard tank in out Eriba and fill it from an aqua roll and pump, we then re fill the aqua roll so that we have water ready to use. We tend to use quite a lot of water where as some people use very little and re fill onboard tanks with a watering can or just fill bottles up at the tap.

Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:05 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Thank you all your assistance and reviews are really help full Steve (Morphy)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:56 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

hi Steve

We have the inboard water tank under the bed in our Troll fitted up to a joint gas & electric water boiler. The system works well (after an initial problem which ALV sorted for us concerning a missing return valve).

We didn't use the boiler much to start with but now use it every day on site - it doesn't take long to heat up.

We fill it through the outside water filler. We use a food grade 5 gallon container to fill it with a long clear plastic water tube and funnel to fill it and then keep it topped up. It is good practice to thoroughly sterilise it all at the start of the season after winter storage.

I will try to attach a photo of the kit - fingers crossed

MikeT

Filling water tank kit2.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:10 am
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Thank you Mike T hopefully have some news on the caravan either today or tomorrow. Steve (Morphy)

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 57 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1