RE: Traveling Protec Touring Cover

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:36 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Thank you Magpie just got to make my mind up with the poppers now. The ones on the internet that are clear have the metal silver male connection. The white ones that come with the cover look like white plastic totally different?

Morphy (Bev & Steve)

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Magpie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:12 am
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: Morphy wrote in post #16
Thank you Magpie just got to make my mind up with the poppers now. The ones on the internet that are clear have the metal silver male connection. The white ones that come with the cover look like white plastic totally different?

Morphy (Bev & Steve)
It doesn't make any difference to the function, the studs are the same size despite being made from different materials.

Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:34 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

And for those not aware, the sticky popper pads are not a wise idea on a dimpled van.
I admit to having my reservations about the tow covers and how effective they are if anything other than a large bit of grit is thrown up, but they obviously keep the van clean and must minimise some front end dings. If the fixings had fitted my white dimple finish van I'd have bought one of the tow covers.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:44 pm
by Tin Head | 49 Posts

We have the blue Protec cover for our 2018 Troll 542 and it has been great, never had a problem with the poppers and don’t even notice them now .

Martin & Jackie, Skoda Octavia Scout and our 542GT 60th Edition 2018.

Morphy likes this post!
Last edited Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:45 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 64 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5