New Troll 540GT ordered!

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:24 am
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Good morning ladies and gentlemen we are now officially back with the Eriba owners well almost deposit paid and should arrive all being well late June early July. After a short lay off sold my Troll late last year and was on the hunt for a motorhome. But we realised our heart was just not in it and we kept going back to talking about Eribas.

Our heads had just started to get better and the bruising fading

We have ordered with all the bits we want on the van our mind was made up for us about the on-board water tank. The reason being the nearest Troll to what we wanted was already built and it had the tank on so that is that.

We will be now looking at awnings as we let ours go with the last Troll we had. To be fair it was getting past its sell by date and the boss wants to spend my hard earned on a new one to compliment the Troll.
Steve (Morphy)

On the hunt for a Troll 540GT Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.

Last edited Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:25 am | Scroll up

RE: New Troll 540GT ordered!

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:28 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

That's great news Steve.

Now you have to look forward to the return of the banged heads as an important right of passage that sets you apart from the motorhome gang. Wear the cuts and bruises with pride, and be recognised by fellow Eriba owners once again...............................!

MikeT

Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:27 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Let us know which awning you choose - you've considered everything else so carefully!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:48 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Will do Magpie there are a few to look at we are just in the process of selecting.
Steve (Morphy)

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:56 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Hiya Mike,
We once put the awning up and Bev opened the window fully so it was stuck fully horizontal straight out. I ran into the awning straight into the bottom edge of the opened window head first OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

That was my worst Eriba kiss ever in fact as far as the Eriba kisses goes that was a very passionate tongue down your throat one I was seeing stars for days. In fact I haven't got over it yet its firmly locked well into the memory bank. I have a fear of going into awnings now. I was knocked fully onto the floor laid out flat.

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:16 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Steve

That made me wince & rub my head just reading it.................................

I notice that you have an Octavia Scout to tow with. How do you like it?

We had a white Octavia Scout for 4 years and loved it. It pulled the Troll as if it wasn't there and the boot was bigger than Ingleton Caves. However it was the fourth Octavia Estate we had owned and Kath decided that we needed a change. We ended up with a Karoq Scout which is a good car but to me second best to the Octavia.

Did notice that at the minute in the UK both the Karoq & Octavia Scout have disappeared from Skoda's range......

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:53 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Hiya Mike yes really like the Octavia coupled up to the four wheel drive its pretty solid on the road especially when towing. Pulled our last Troll as you say with ease some have them chipped to release the full potential but I have not found that necessary. I did not know they had dropped it from there range as it is a good all rounder.
Going back to Eriba kiss I am sat here now remembering the pain straight across the middle of my forehead WOW!

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2