RE: White dimples or smooth silver

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 01, 2021 4:02 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Regarding repairs on dimpled panels, this system seems to do the trick if you can find a repairer with the kit. There are some good photos on the site showing what can be achieved.

https://hbc-system.com/en-gb/products/ca...n-repair-system

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 03, 2021 3:51 pm
by Brookmans1 (deleted)

The point raised by Derekcbr regarding repairing the dimpled vans should be borne in mind. I have a dimpled 2002 Puck 120L and due to bad driving I reversed it onto my drive and caught the rear end on the corner of the garage.The damage was a broken rear light and a dent in the panel above the light, not a great deal but bad enough for an insurance claim. Automative Leisure stated that the could no longer source the dimpled panel but stated they would replace the panel with a plain one, the insurance company would not agree to this and declared it a total loss. As the damage was relatively minor and only cosmetic I offered to buy it back off the insurance company and they agreed a fair price. I got the panel repaired by a third party and had to pay a NCC approved repairer to give the whole van a thorough checkover and confirm it had been properly repaired and was roadworthy. This was stipulated by the insurance company before they would reinsure it and they also insisted that it was reregistered with CRIS. Despite all this I was happy to keep my Puck as it would be difficult to find one in as good condition both inside and out.

SOULBLUESMAN68 and Magpie like this post!
Last edited Mon May 03, 2021 3:52 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 05, 2021 5:19 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Quote: Derekcbr wrote in post #2
It was fixed by a local vehicle body repair shop and now you can’t tell it has had some damage.

Would you let me know where you got that done, please.

Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5