White dimples or smooth silver

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:29 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

White dimples or smooth silver, or even 60th Edition white over silver. I think the later would be my choice, well it was when I bought in 2017 but Hymer would not let me have one as they were only available in Europe.It is closest to the classic 2000-2010 look I like.
Back to the point, a high spec 540 has just come onto ebay, but it reminded me why I went for dimples. The dreaded Eriba wobbly panel sides. Smaller vans generally seem OK, but larger vans sometimes don't look to good. This is what scared me off when I had to make the choice:- Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203408817988?...3QAAOSwfZpgibsk
I was looking down the sides of the pair of new vans in Red Lion today and they seem to be the same.

Colin

ps, don't forget this is just my personal narrow minded opinion on the aesthetics of it if you are somebody looking at the van. The wobble does not in any way effect the function of the van.

The following contents have been linked to this post:

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:31 pm | Scroll up

RE: White dimples or smooth silver

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:03 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

Colin, I tend to agree with you as regards the ‘wobbly’ look when you look down the side especially the larger Eriba like my Troll. However, a point to consider! I had a mishap last summer and put a 3 foot dent along the side which I called a hundred mile dent. i.e. the wife didn’t stop nagging me about it for at least a hundred miles. But, although it cost a pretty penny, it was fixed by a local vehicle body repair shop and now you can’t tell it has had some damage.
A member on here had a mishap on his Troll but it had the ‘dimpled’ effect and he was told it couldn’t be repaired like mine had been.
Maybe, this is something to bear in mind when a choice is made. Just a thought!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:05 am
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

A lot of the visual wobbles on a silver van are reflections of the surrounding area. I have had dimples, white flat and silver flat. On a sunny day my 2015 Familia silver van can sometimes give the illusion that it has been plannished with a lump hammer. If your selling your silver van the tip is to take a picture on a cloudy day, unlike the one you have show on ebay....

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
eribaMotters and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:41 am
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Perhaps some of you will remember this 2016 photo of a Silver Troll just being collected new from a dealer in Germany.

silver.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

SOULBLUESMAN68 and Keith and Sue like this post!
Last edited Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:42 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:58 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

This discussion could go on forever as it depends on your personal choice..................................

My ten penny worth is to start by saying that the vans look excellent in both silver or dimpled.

When we were ordering our Troll in 2015 we had to decide between them and after a short discussion we agreed that we thought the 540 Troll looked best in the silver GT format and we are really happy that we did. When it is polished up and the sun is shining we think that no caravan around matches it for stunning looks. Perhaps we are fortunate and ours doesn't appear to show the panel distortions that show in Randa's photo. Perhaps PopTop has a point about reflections too

I may have said before that it takes me back to my posing youth as a mod with a bright and shiny, very chromed up Lambretta TV175. Kath says once a poser always a poser.................

So I am clearly on the silver GT side of the "discussion".............................

Mike T

Alan likes this post!
Last edited Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:59 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:37 pm
by Raconteur (deleted)

This is interesting Randa. We decided not to buy a silver van as it was so buckled we thought it must have been in an accident! But no more buckled that the one in the picture.

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:28 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:21 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

I don't ever recall seeing any distortions on my 540GT, even in hot weather when it is supposedly worse. Maybe I'm just lucky, or poor sighted...

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Last edited Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:18 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:43 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

We have just a ordered a new silver 540GT you pays your money and takes your chance dimpled, white on silver, silver on white red and white, blue and white end of the day we are all in Eriba's. And that we all have different tastes I don't think there is right or wrong whichever you choose just enjoy Morphy!

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:11 pm
by Alan | 77 Posts

TV 175 that brings back memories I can remember buying my first Lambretta Li 150 for £50!

Last edited Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:12 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:12 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Alan

We are going back a long time but I paid £20 for my TV 175 Series 2 in 1967. It was love at first sight and really fast off the mark.

I had a mate who was a scooter freak who had a bored out SX225, some kind of special carb and an Ancellotti (?) racing exhaust that flew along. Together we converted my TV with series 3 body work and re-sprayed it virtually every other month. My fave was metallic Maroon & gold. Boy did it sparkle in the Cumbrian sunshine in Bowness.

Memories of an old git..............

MikeT

Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:16 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I remember the mods in Southport sparking their exhausts on the tarmac during frightning cornering.

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Eribanut and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:44 am
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Don't get me started ..............................

dont get me started.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Still saving for the useless wing mirrors and spot lights. Burmuda bars are in the post

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:52 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:58 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

Having run '01 and '05 540's I don't ever remember distortions etc. Maybe they weren't there on those vans, or maybe the paint jobs of the time disguised them well.

Alan likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:02 pm
by Alan | 77 Posts

As soon as I started working in 1970 I bought myself a SX225 my pride and joy 😁. I was only on £17 a week it took ages to pay for it

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:10 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

Andy, it's the reflective full silver finish that exaggerates the imperfections. We previously had 3 white over silver vans, 2001, 2006 & 2007. On the 2007 you could just about detect it, but you had to look very hard.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1