RE: Windbreaks

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 29, 2021 6:08 pm
by monoboard | 352 Posts

Quick test out putting the Jomax up in the garden & so far I’m pleased with it. I think you might have to be careful hammering into a hard standing from a point of getting it back out again. I might put a cordless drill in my toolbox with just a slightly smaller drill bit than the poles just for hard standing to make removal easier.
I did spend a little time (being fussy) de-burring edges on the aluminium tubes that i considered slightly sharp but still pleased with it at this stage.

Ronnie likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:41 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:05 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

Hi,
Does the vision top fold up as tight as the vision seems to do in their photos?

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:13 pm
by addisb | 169 Posts

Just to fire in my tuppence' worth on windbreaks: We decided to opt for the Kampa 5 panel Windbreak. The grey and black jobby with the bunch of poles.
Quite expensive I might add ! A DISASTER. The worst piece of junk we ever bought. I ended up cutting it up, permanently mounting 2 of the panels at the side of a deck in our back garden and turfing out the remainder. If anyone is thinking or investing: don't. I do like the idea of a windbreak which we like to use when using the Isabella Shadow so I need to but a more suitable one next season. Interested to read recommendations.
Chris

Doonhamer likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 46 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105684 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3