Vinyl bubbling

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:11 pm
by johncrtn (deleted)

Anyone else had the vinyl bubbling on the cupboard just above the cooker? (Triton 430) Any solutions?

Also the door gap for the bathroom is wider at the top than the bottom as the structure has flexed. Door gets difficult to shut on the latch. Not sure if there is an easy solution to sorting this out. Anyone else had this? The van has been checked over so its not that the floor is sagging etc!

Scroll up

RE: Vinyl bubbling

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:31 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

As regards the door, my first attempt at remedial work would be to use a small dressmakers pin to pierce a couple of bubbles and see if they will smooth out.
What age is your van? Post 2010 vans have been known to have bathroom door issues as the toilet wall can flex meaning the door does not close, or stay closed correctly. Because of this there is a locating pin on the back of the door which is on an adjustable plate.
If you look outside the toilet you will see a gap between the top of the wall and the front tiny side overhead locker. Some vans have a bracing piece of timber in here. Mine did and it fell out. I carefully managed to screw it back in place with the result that my toilet wall now flexes less and as such the door fits a lot better. I also got my van set up level on the garage floor and have bolted the locating pin in place so it forces the door into a slightly braced position.Some movement is however always possible as when you level the van on the corner steadies you can twist the floor slightly.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:24 pm
by scouteralf | 114 Posts

re toilet door closing,I have removed catch and adjustable plate for the very same reason. fitted magnetic door catch so it closes every time. I also use a small wood clamp on the door when travelling.

troll 530GT pushing Kia sportage awd
SOULBLUESMAN68 and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:30 pm
by johncrtn (deleted)

Thanks, along the lines I was considering

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:29 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

Mooched in ALV's demo 60 Ed. 530 and 540GT and the washroom door wouldn't close in either of them. I'm thinking maybe I'll forego my preference for a 2013/14 540 and look for a 2008 (my favourite furniture). I'll just have to overlook having the edge of the roof resting on my shoulder whilst peeing in my own shadow at night. And as I rarely sit down on the loo, I won't worry about where to put my right knee.

Mrs SDA was very taken by the 542, there's no accounting for taste.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG

Last edited Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:30 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:06 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #5
Mooched in ALV's demo 60 Ed. 530 and 540GT and the washroom door wouldn't close in either of them. I'm thinking maybe I'll forego my preference for a 2013/14 540 and look for a 2008 (my favourite furniture). I'll just have to overlook having the edge of the roof resting on my shoulder whilst peeing in my own shadow at night. And as I rarely sit down on the loo, I won't worry about where to put my right knee.

Is there no cure for the flexing door Andy, it's a shame as the post 2013/14 bathroom is probably the most ergonomic setup for the space available in the Eriba.
Fortunately I don't suffer that problem in the 320 as the bathroom is firmly fixed to the kitchen and the wardrobe.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:07 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:20 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

If you look at #2 above you will note my wall is now fixed at the top, just as yours is at the front of your 320. I have not experienced any movement over a mm or so since doing this fix along with the bolt through the locating pin plate.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:41 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

Quote: Poptop320 wrote in post #6
Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #5

Is there no cure for the flexing door Andy, it's a shame as the post 2013/14 bathroom is probably the most ergonomic setup for the space available in the Eriba.
Fortunately I don't suffer that problem in the 320 as the bathroom is firmly fixed to the kitchen and the wardrobe.

I think maybe Mr Motters should conduct a master class or two.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7