RE: Canopies and pitch fees

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:32 am
by Ronnie | 68 Posts

I’ve managed to find a cancellation for the weekend on a small 15 van site in the Lake District. Couldn’t get booked anywhere on the Northumberland Coast other than having to be sardined in on a bigger site so it’s back to the Lakes for the 2nd time this year but in a different area. Hard standing and grass, £20 a night, large pitch, free electric, free WiFi, very small toilet and shower, no doubt free midges as it’s next to a river. Half hour or so walk to a pub. Also the awning / canopy fee issue won’t apply as they are also included in the price. Hope it’s nice.

eribaMotters, SOULBLUESMAN68 and Magpie like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:40 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

We just booked up for 3 days next week at a site near Buxton. They wouldn’t take any money as things could suddenly change. Nice of them. Will do a review when we return.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Ronnie and Magpie like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:41 pm
by Gasgas (deleted)

When I saw the thread title I thought someone would state the obvious: Halve the pitch fee by parking two Pucks back to back. That wouldn't take up as much space as a typical caravan would it?

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:13 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Just spending our 3rd and last night at Clover Fields near Buxton. This is a site is immaculately kept and adults only. For your £27.50 a night you get a large flat area about 1/2 gravelled and 1/2 grass with hookup, tap and even your own dustbin (first time I have seen that, though not really needed).
Some facilities are currently closed such as the cafe/shop. The toilets and showers are very good and very clean (although you do need to put up with some “interesting” piped music. The only thing spoiling this site for us is the noise of the adjacent road into Harper Hill. Having walked up it, it is very hard to see why it is so noisy from the site as it doesn’t appear too busy. There do seem to be a number of quarry trucks that use it. With the lid down at night it isn’t too bad but in the week the trucks do seem to start very early.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105581 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5