Dorema Starcamp Quick'N'Easy Low 265

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:23 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

Looks like we have another new contender. You can download the brochure here:- https://www.dorema.co.uk/
Air beam construction. material heavier than rip-stop nylon stuff, storm straps included, 2.65 wide,
It is another drive away tunnel type affair and some sizes and facts are not clear so I've e-mailed for clarification. I've checked out the normal caravan version at Red Lion where it is on display. It is 80% towards being very good and if they adapted the full height version to a lower height and not as at present a low campervan unit with tunnel it would very good.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

RE: Dorema Starcamp Quick'N'Easy Low 265

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:12 pm
by JefL | 95 Posts

Wow, Firefox and Norton don't like their website, my screen lit up like a Christmas tree with security warnings when I clicked on your link Colin. I'll have another try later on the iPad, that isn't so touchy as the pc.

Jef
Freelander 2 and Big Ben, the 410
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:37 pm

I just had this reply through:-
"Good afternoon, without going into too much detail there is no foam/sponge pads on the Quick & Easy MHA models only on the caravan models. The market for the low height vans such as Eriba is too niche for Dorema/Starcamp to consider at the moment with supply/demand been the way that it is, although I never say never with anything for the future."

Never mind, it was worth a try.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
GT runner likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:44 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.110 Posts

I was exactly like Jef - Norton wouldn't open it with a message "Your connection is not private"

MikeT

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:47 pm

I run Microsoft Edge and had to over-ride the warning.

Colin

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:02 pm

You've clearly not lost your wild, adventurous streak.

I am a wimp by comparison and do what Norton tells me to do...............................!

Mike

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:33 pm
by JefL | 95 Posts

Well Safari doesn’t like it either and in the light of the reply Colin received there doesn’t appear to be any point going back to Firefox and overriding the safety warnings. Not a good advert for the company though if their website is tripping security alarms all through the internet.

Jef

Jef
Freelander 2 and Big Ben, the 410
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:46 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

I think I'd seriously consider one of these awnings simply because it's got such a snappy name.

Whoever it was in marketing that thought of Dorema Starcamp Quick'n'Easy Low 265 should get an instant promotion to the Dorema Starcamp Quick'n'Easy Low 266 department.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:25 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Colin, I think the “quickie” would be a great bit of kit and if they could supply would be taken up by many of the Eriba gang. How about I call them and enquire about putting in an order for say 50. I am sure they would be snapped up. What do you think ? Robbie

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:48 am

Robbie,
I e-mailed them back with some specific questions to try and get a dialogue going, but no reply yet. Over the last couple of years I've tried similar e-mails with several of the big awning/tent companies, including Vango,Camptech and Outwell but have had the same reply. The numbers are to small for them to bother on such a niche market, especially as they are made on the other side of the world.
Caravan Canopies, who know what they are doing, are trying to fill such a niche with a small high quality shade but it is not an easy task.

Colin

SOULBLUESMAN68 and GT runner like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:01 pm

Hi Colin

I got that response when I collared a bloke from Outwell at one of the shows.

He was very pleasant & helpful but just said that the Eriba market was too small for them to make anything special. He said that they were looking to develop awnings for campervans and perhaps there might be some cross over in the future.

This was a few years ago and I have noticed that they are now producing for campervans but haven't really looked at what they are producing. I've always liked Outwell quality & ingenuity with their tents but they have always been pricey. Perhaps time for me to look again.

Mike

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:32 pm

I agree about Outwell quality, but as with many drive-away camper awnings it's death by a thousand guy ropes.

Colin

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:20 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Good that you have tried to make in roads with this Colin, well done for trying. It does look very close to a near perfect thing for our Eriba’s. Have you seen the Dometic Hub ? It looks very good (dont look at the price) IMHO. Robbie

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:51 am

The hub is an excellent idea and obviously well made. Unfortunately after owning awnings and canopies at both ends of the price spectrum I have this possibly irrational desire for the barrel shape front. It just looks so correct on an Eriba.

Colin

GT runner likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:47 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Colin, I agree the tunnel shape does really suit the Eriba form. Have you looked at the Kampa Dometic Sunshine Air Pro VW canopy ? I think that with the side panels would be a great idea. What do you think ? Robbie

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 42 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105581 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2