Does anyone else do this?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:41 am
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

No, it's not ours but I saw it on a German Eriba Facebook Group Page.

Photo by Jens Lührs Jens Luhrs.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

(evidently it had a softwash beforehand to remove grit)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Shady Pines likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:09 am | Scroll up

RE: Does anyone else do this?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:49 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Wow.........................! Brave or foolish - not sure which

Defo not - I am wary of even taking our Skoda Karoq into these things. Perhaps I need to be less risk averse.

MikeT

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:50 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Paragrah 11.1.3 of the handbook states:

Never clean the vehicle in the car wash. Water can penetrate the refrigerator grills, the waste gas vent or the forced ventilations. The vehicle could be damaged

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:57 pm
by Eribacamper | 111 Posts

Certainly not! Imagine what it will do to the windows?

Steve

https://www.instagram.com/eribacamper/

2E0FVS
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:07 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

I wouldn't put my car through one of these never mind the Eriba.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Mercedes GLA 220d 4Matic
Randa france and Pepé Le Pew like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:31 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

I concur. Never put your car through a car wash. If you look at the marks on the paintwork in bright sunlight, particularly when sun glasses are on you will note your nice soft water based paint and top coat lacquer is scratched to buggery. Imagine what it would do to your van. You have been told.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Williebraveheart likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:25 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

I wonder if this guy is just taking the Micky and the photo is just a set up....................................?

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:54 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: SOULBLUESMAN68 wrote in post #7
I wonder if this guy is just taking the Micky and the photo is just a set up....................................?

MikeT
Don't think it's a set-up. The brushes are definitely spinning (the mops dangle down when they aren't) and if the bloke who took the picture is good enough to be able to Photoshop that reflection he should get a job on the next Star Wars spin off.

This picture is going to give me sleepless nights for weeks. Not only is the very idea total anathema to me, it's also that this particular machine is clearly one for washing trucks and buses. Ordinary car washes aren't that tall.

Trucks. And buses.

FFS...

Like other peeps, I've never put a car through a car wash. Never. And I never will.

My sister-in-law, on the other hand, never hand-washed her car.

It looked as if it had been sand-blasted, poor old thing.

Ugh.

Make it go away, please.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:35 pm
by John Cross | 264 Posts

How to murder you lovely caravan!
As others have said, I wouldn't take a car through one of those shredders, let alone our little darling.
I won't even take my works van through them, will always wash by hand.

Troll 540 LR Discovery 1 Fred and Diane
Pepé Le Pew, and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:34 pm
by Gasgas (deleted)

A paint spray shop once showed me my company car under their proper lights. Stevie Wonder could have seen the scratches from a car wash brush. The spray shop was next door to my house so they kindly buffed up the paintwork and the car looked several shades cleaner, was smooth and shiny. Similarly but nothing to do with car wash brushes, I once took my caravan to a repair shop way out in the country on a farm. There was a shiny new old model Eccles. I remarked that I didn't think that Eccles still made that model of caravan and they laughed. They said it is an original 1970something, all they had done was to machine polish it. They explained that if you get a polishing machine (around £120) and some mildly abrasive polish you too can achieve that result. I did, and after it was properly polished the paint surface was as smooth as running my hand over ice. A good wax polish after that made it look better than new.

Last edited Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:35 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:45 am
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Gasgas. I was mentioning an ex member called Agger to Morphy this morning and your thread reminded me of him.

A delightful fella to have around but he used to wash and polish his Eriba to within an inch of its life. Check out some of the past threads by him.

g65p743-The-Jammy-Doughnut-Man.html

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:32 am
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: Gasgas wrote in post #10
They explained that if you get a polishing machine (around £120) and some mildly abrasive polish you too can achieve that result

The paintwork on an Eriba is much thinner than on a car and it would be very easy to penetrate the paint using any kind of abrasive.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2