RE: I'm thinking of buying bagpipes !

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:32 pm
by addisb | 169 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #15
I don't think you've said where "Here" is Chris?
Randa

OOppss. We are in Glenross Holiday Park in the beautiful village of Glenbeigh in Co. Kerry. https://www.campingkerry.com/
It is brilliant ( now... ). Weather like S. France ! Facilities first class and we are here until Friday. One other Eriba on site, a Troll. The couple told us they went all the way to Holland to purchase it !

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:32 pm
by Randa france | 12.877 Posts

Wow. Jealous? You bet. You're just across the water from Inch Beach where "Ryan's Daughter" was filmed (as if you didn't know )
Roger (and Amanda) x

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:22 pm
by addisb | 169 Posts

Yes Randa, Inch Beach. Beautiful ! Especially in this incredibly rare weather. Imagine, we booked this particular week/dates back on January 19th. for no particular reason . We knew that due to all the "Staycations" that the nice Sites were filling rapidly, just like last year so we just guessed on a summer week and hey presto ! Heatwave ! It reached 27 deg. today here: by the sea ..but it is pretty uncomfortable sleeping in this heat but... no complaints. So really lucky timing.. I'm off to buy a lotto ticket now
By the by.. I am by no means a caravan fan, we really love our Eriba but there is a very pretty caravan parked up beside us here. A Swift Base Camp. With an awning at the back. It looks very fetching.
Chris

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:54 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.007 Posts

Basecamps have been around about three seasons now. Initially launched as a 2 berth, a 4 berth came along a year or so later.

It has a rear door, hence the rear awning and instead of some roof lockers you get removable fabric 'baskets' on a metal frame. So you can load clothes etc in them at home and then take them to the van, a clever idea. The benches fold back so you can clip bikes inside. The 2 berth van's benches are 6ft long, so no use as singles if you're over about 5ft 8ins tall and the 4 berth ones are only 4ft 3ins, so both are best used as double beds. The 4 berth dinette bed and bunk are both 5ft 10ins, so none of the beds are great if you're tall.

One unique thing is that you can choose the vinyl decals that are used to decorate the exterior. there are half a dozen different designs though all try to be 'trendy' using orange as a key colour and featuring yoof type design themes. Personally I think it's a lost opportunity not offering style motifs for an older market too.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12534 topics and 105726 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4