I'm thinking of buying bagpipes !

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:51 pm
by addisb | 169 Posts

Why do some folk insist upon everyone listening to their choice of music ? We are pitched on an end corner of a beautiful site, on a beautiful evening and I actually thought there was a carnival in the village nearby. But no.. its some total ar$e wanting to share their choice in modern dance music with everyone here. Lord knows what their immediate neighbours think! Live and let live ! Not.
So I have suggested to my better half that I should purchase a set of bagpipes for such occasions and just take a 10 minute lesson in fully inflating them and squeezing through any notes whatsoever. Then ramble up next to him and offer a deal following a quick squeeze. Any better suggestions ?
Chris

Scroll up

RE: I'm thinking of buying bagpipes !

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:27 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.007 Posts

Sympathies

We've just been sat out in our beautiful new to us garden and all day we've had to put up with the music from next door's conservatory music system. Given that half the time they were cutting their lawn with an electric mower or trimming shrubs with an electric hedge cutter and couldn't hear their own music, you wonder why we have to listen to it.

It annoys us because Mrs SDA is a very experienced choral director and we don't subject our neighbours to her or any body elses music, so why should we be subjected to theirs.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:50 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Forget the bagpipes just get a large 🔨 hammer. It really winds me up but Bev won’t let me retaliate with even louder music back. Some people have no consideration for others. God knows technology these days they don’t need to be wired up to anything. If they want it loud then stick them wireless ear buds in their lug holes and wack up the volume. Rant over Morphy

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.

Last edited Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:37 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:29 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Why didn't you ask them to turn it down? I'm such a grumpy old lady I would!!!

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
eribanaut and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:20 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I've complained twice [on different campsites] in Spain when people played their music too loud, both times they got assy so i just said I'd call reception to come and talk to them, they both turned it down to a reasonable level, what I don't understand is that other people on the site thanked me as it hat been going on for weeks, why the hell had they put up with it?
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:28 am
by Randa france | 12.878 Posts

I think the problem nowdays is that folk are loath to complain, not because of what might be the immediate reaction but the possible consequences later in the day/night, to your property.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
eribanaut and FINNWOODY like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:05 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

That’s a sad but true reflection on the state of the world Roger. I’m a complainer, like Islay but my kids tell me not to tackle people for fear of their retaliation. When did people become so aggressive and intolerant of others?

Back to the original post, go for the bagpipes, it’s a great idea. Irish pipes presumably?

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+

Last edited Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:06 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:23 pm

I'm thinking of getting the wlectric leafsweeper out to teach them a lesson and gather up the leaves. There seems to be a lot dropped for the time of year.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:20 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

Moira and I stayed at a walled garden site near Oban in September 2019.Every evening at sundown an old gentleman in a bwb came out and played his pipes, on one day he wore a kilt.I quite enjoyed it, it was different and who am I to complain in Scotland.He only played for about ten minutes at a time!

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Volvo V70 R AWD
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:16 pm
by Captain Calamity | 346 Posts

The other issue we have had this summer is the number of people playing ball games on site. We have seen football (of course), tennis, cricket and even rugby. I seem to remember some years back when wardens were not just parking attendants or motor mover jockeys. They would take an occasional walk through the site to say hello and give the odd nudge to the loud music gang and point the ball players at the sports field. I’m maybe just being grumpy but it doesn’t take much to rearrange the shiny aluminium on the outside of your pride and joy.

Frantone and Steamdrivenandy like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:34 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Our last camp we had a guy that liked to play his ukulele whilst singing over a pa system in his awning. Lucky is was for one night only, just as well as he was going to get a loaf sliced bread on his roof..

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:35 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:56 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

Winchcombe camping club site, early evening, looking towards the far hills where a magnificent lightning storm was entertaining us sat with a glass of falling down water and enjoying the show.

Meanwhile on a pitch not far away a group of people had gathered in the awning of a WWB and were gently singing (badly) to some vaguely tuneful guitar strumming when

Bang followed by a panicked shout of FIRE, dropping the wince and grabbing the bucket of water kept for the purpose (of chilling the wine) we ran to said van.

The fridge had exploded out of the side of the van, fortunately for the singers on the opposite side to the awning.

The first known example of a WWB committing suicide.

So to solve your music problem get a guitar go outside the noisy van and sing Kumbya or similar.

Denise & Phil

eribanaut, Steamdrivenandy and campnsnooze like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:23 pm

Quote: Poptop320 wrote in post #11
Our last camp we had a guy that liked to play his ukulele whilst singing over a pa system in his awning. Lucky is was for one night only, just as well as he was going to get a loaf sliced bread on his roof..

That's the best use for sliced bread that I've ever heard of.

But tell me, why just sliced bread, a can of peaches in fruit juice, followed by a number of unbaked jacket potatoes would seem a fair response.

Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:48 pm
by addisb | 169 Posts

Quote: Julie Grafo wrote in post #7
That’s a sad but true reflection on the state of the world Roger. I’m a complainer, like Islay but my kids tell me not to tackle people for fear of their retaliation. When did people become so aggressive and intolerant of others?
javascript:void(0);
Back to the original post, go for the bagpipes, it’s a great idea. Irish pipes presumably?

Hi Julie,
On of my colleagues reckons that theres something in the water nowa'days that seems to bring out aggression in some folk .
I figure the Scottish Pipes may actually be louder and whatever chance I stand of filling the bag with my lungs, I stand zero chance with an elbow operated bellows .. good news is the weather is still stunning, we are still here AND HE IS GONE !!!
So here's to a bit of peace.. ..

Randa france and Julie Grafo like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:59 pm
by Randa france | 12.878 Posts

I don't think you've said where "Here" is Chris?
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12534 topics and 105730 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4