Haltwhiste Camp Site Today

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:10 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Haltwhiste Camp Site Today, Hello fellow Eriba people wow its warm not complaining at all an absolutely gem of a site with what I expect to be no light pollution whatsoever. So may see the space station tonight. Really quite not a sound at all recommend this site guys another photo of our Troll Morphy

a15f8698-4ecd-4979-8300-733354c0c239.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Randa france, Ellen and Old Rocker like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Haltwhiste Camp Site Today

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:07 am
by P401107 | 23 Posts

Wow looks very nice enjoy new toy sorry troll
Weather looks perfect in the center of Britain
enjoy
Regards paul

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:32 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Murphy

540 looks very smart - like the alloys, they suit it.

Enjoy the gentle breeze that wafts through the Poptop air vents

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:29 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

We really enjoyed our stay at Haltwhistle in 2018. Two things you might be interested in:

1. The best view of Hadrian's Wall - head out to the Roman Army Museum (well worth a visit) but turn down the track immediately opposite its entrance and park in a small layby about half a mile or so further on. Walk across the field on the left and up the rise and you will be at Walltown Crags with the famous views of the wall stretching into the distance in both directions.

_1010481.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2. A friendly pub - ask the warden for directions to the Wallace Arms Hotel. You cross the field opposite the site entrance turn right on the road into the village then drop onto the disused railway line. At the old station Featherstone Park(?) the pub is a hundred yards along the road. The staff and customers here were very friendly and welcoming. It's a nice walk too.

We always said we'd go back one day.

Have a great break.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:30 am
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

We missed camping there last year as the site was closed.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:42 pm
by Ianrow | 50 Posts

Sadly, I think the Wallace Arms is no more.
The walk - or better still cycle - along the railway path to the magnificent Lambley Viaduct is a must.
Enjoy the sun!
Ian

2002Triton 420 GT & Ford C max 1.6TDI
Aaron Calder likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:50 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

Quote: Ianrow wrote in post #6
Sadly, I think the Wallace Arms is no more.

I'm sorry to hear that but I suppose it will be true of many lovely rural pubs post-meltdown. Bugger!

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:02 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Hiya Aaron we went that way to Hadrians wall we went last night when it had cooled down a little (dogs knocking on now can not take the heat come to think of it I am knocking on now)

The railway tack is still here I believe although we did not visit we arrived a day late to the camp site due to the Eriba being a day late in preparation. What a cracking site though we leave tomorrow for Woodland Spa where we are stopping seven days. Haltwhislte will be fully booked as from tomorrow just a couple spaces left tonight. There is a nice walk to Haltwhistle from the camp site but I think due to lock down it is pretty much overgrown at the moment not enough people treading the footpath.Morphy

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0