Intra Alloy wheels

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:35 pm
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

This is a query related to the Axle Upgrade thread, but I I have decided to make it a specific query of its own. There is some doubt (in my mind) as to whether I need to upgrade the wheels on my Troll when I move from a 1000Kg axle to a 1200Kg axle. Currently it is fitted with Intra k710/43469 alloy wheels that, from my initial research, were the standard option at the time (2002 and thereabouts) What I am trying to do is find a formal spec for these wheels and their load carrying capacity though, sadly, Intra no longer seem to be in business. I should say that Alko don't seem to be that concerned about this and haven't suggested it is needed. Hymer may take a 'safety first' position.

Does anyone have any knowledge of these wheels or could suggest further avenues of research that I could use to determine what the spec of these wheels is?

Many thanks in advance..

Hugh

Scroll up

RE: Intra Alloy wheels

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:15 am
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what these codes may mean please?

IMG_2639.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:46 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Hugh, no matter how I search I cannot get anything on alloy wheel load ratings chart. All I can suggest is sending the photo along to a good alloy wheel supplier for them to decipher, as you are looking for a possible upgrade and need to know what you are starting off with at present.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:06 pm
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

Thanks for looking Colin. I gather from my researches that alloy wheels should have their load rating stamped/cast on the rim somewhere but half an hour squirming around under the van the other evening didn't reveal them. I guess I will have to go back (to the van in covered storage) and remove a wheel to get a better view of things...

Hugh

Last edited Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:06 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 38 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2