Covid car breakdown recovery

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:30 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.607 Posts

This is an interesting conundrum, my daughter who is a midwife suffered a snapped coil spring on her car through hitting a pothole, luckily she was near work and she managed to limp in. She is in Greenflag and when they came out it required a flatbed to take her home. When the flatbed turned up they refused to let her sit in the cab as a passenger due to covid and she had to get a taxi home. My thoughts were what would happen if you were a long distance away from your home or dragging a caravan?

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:32 pm | Scroll up

RE: Covid car breakdown recovery

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:47 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

That's not on. I'd have thought it falls under the same regs as booking a taxi. Mask to be worn on request. I'd kick off big time.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Poptop320, Doonhamer and scouteralf like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:56 pm

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
That's not on. I'd have thought it falls under the same regs as booking a taxi. Mask to be worn on request. I'd kick off big time.
Colin

I thought that as well Colin, I have told her to report it to Greenflag as the flatbed owner will be an approved contractor..

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:46 pm

Well the plot thickens, as a Greenflag mayday customer I rang up Greenflag to ask what is the situation with covid breakdowns. They told me that they cannot force their subcontractors to take passengers. If it is within approximately 10 miles they will arrange for a local taxi firm to pick you up if they have an account with them. I asked what are you going to do it I am 300 miles away and towing my caravan, he said that they have team that has to arrange taxis, hire cars and accommodation if required. I said I hope you can put something in place very quick as if I breakdown with my family on a smart motorway with no hard shoulder and the weather is rough I won't be very impressed if we are left stranded for hours.

FINNWOODY likes this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:47 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:11 pm
by FINNWOODY | 136 Posts

There can also be a problem when you have dogs with you.When my car broke down in Norfolk (pre covid) the Green Flag driver would not let my two Cockers go in his cab.They had to travel 4 hours in our car on the back of his truck.He also mangled my new 13 pin connection and couldn't get the indicators to work on my Pan Duo which he was towing.

Poptop320 likes this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:13 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:01 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.452 Posts

Long time ago I lent our PuckL to my brother. His car broke down, he had RAC Relay cover but the contractor they used put his car on the breakdown truck and towed the PuckL behind. Judging by the state of the inside it had been towed at excessive speed and they actually managed to crack ( internally) the hitch, it was also on a greased towball. We had to replace the hitch, my brother paid as he felt liable. It all made me very wary of breakdown operators although we obviously have cover as it’s too risky to travel without.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:07 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.072 Posts

Sounds like it's worth travelling with ball cleaning materials just in case.
Steve.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:49 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.452 Posts

😲 the mind boggles

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
FINNWOODY and eribanaut like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 40 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105581 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0