Triton 420

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:16 pm
by reba | 20 Posts

Tony Lloyd’s got an interesting triton 420 in at the moment. (bathroom with a view)

mitsubishi asx, to the rear troll 550

Last edited Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:05 am | Scroll up

RE: Triton 420

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:26 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

Is that the insurance repair/write-off that was up for sale a month or so back. Could have been e-bay.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:13 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

I can only think that it was owned by someone who travelled alone and didn't shower in the van.

I can't think why you'd take such drastic actionlike that. Maybe whoever did it spent a long time sitting on the Thetford and liked twisting round to look out the front? No that wouldn't really work. You'd have to pull the front blinds down before using the toilet for modesty's sake.

Maybe one of those mods that wasn't thought through?

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:23 am
by eribaMotters | 5.316 Posts

I still reckon it's the insurance job one. which has had a good rattle around and things have broken. The bathroom door coming off could easily wreck the walls The dents on outside also suggest this.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:04 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

If it was insured and suffered the damage you suggest Colin then surely the insurance company would repair or write off, they wouldn't mess about capping off the walls etc and hope the owner would accept that or that they might get a return putting it back on the market in that state.

More likely, if it was damaged in the way you suggest, that there was no insurance and the repair cost was so high that the owner capped everything off in the hope of recouping something.

I suspect that in a normal market Tony wouldn't have taken it on, but in the current high demand he presumably thinks there's someone who'll buy it.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:53 pm
by Mikeyboy (deleted)

I know I’m a newbie here,,
However,it may be worth you sharing your thoughts with the retail vendor.
Right or wrong on the theories.
I trade in classic motorcycles.
Recently I came into possession of a bike,unknown to me it had “history”
I had no idea of this,but it’s life story was on the forums relating to it.
Not one person thought to point me towards the info,even one person who wanted to buy it that I had numerous phone chats with,that backed away once he found out,.
As a trader/restorer or whatever you do the checks,etc but at sometime you’ll get bitten.
The financial hit is irrelevant,but the damage to your reputation could be huge.
Some of you chaps are referring to him by name,maybe give him the heads up on the gossip.?

b2nun, , Doonhamer, Terryc, Dalbur2 and like this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:50 am
by Raconteur (deleted)

There are so many alarm bells ringing with this van when you look closely. A friend is looking for an Eriba and showed the pictures to me. The mirror on the wardrobe door may also cover damage, the removed motor mover, the biffs and strange red metal 'patches', the toilet modification that makes no sense etc. As Mikeyboy says there is potential reputational damage to the dealer who is very well respected and may not be joining the dots so to speak particularly when Eriba's are so in demand.

Skoda and 540GT

Last edited Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:51 am | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:11 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #3
I can only think that it was owned by someone who travelled alone and didn't shower in the van.
I can't think why you'd take such drastic actionlike that. Maybe whoever did it spent a long time sitting on the Thetford and liked twisting round to look out the front? No that wouldn't really work. You'd have to pull the front blinds down before using the toilet for modesty's sake.
Maybe one of those mods that wasn't thought through?

As I was away last week I'm late to this party. A lady on our Facebook Group page is interested in buying it but is having doubts.

There are a few Eriba owners who don't use the toilet compartment. Dave and Bunny Eribafolk have removed their washroom closet all together as the front wall impinged on their front kitchen workspace.

It could be that the owner of this van didn't have the courage to remove the toilet all together. I know of another Eriba owner who has taken off his toilet door and fitted a fly screen curtain in its place.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:12 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105704 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5