RE: Brilliant Groundsheet Pegs if you are on a hardstanding

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:45 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

With Eriba No1 back in 2003 I bought a set of screw pegs. I hit them in with either my nice hefty copper Thor mallet or claw hammer. With a bit of a heave they come out using either the claw hammer or two pegs used as levers under the head of the peg. I wash and if needed straighten them after use. They are still going strong. I guess if I was a white van owner I'd be using a cordless drill for the corner steadies so life would b even easier getting them out.
As a side note I also carry a bag of plastic V section pegs which cannot be beaten on loose ground.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:34 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

I prefer the pegs with a welded cross piece rather than a plastic top. Makes it easier to get out by knocking another peg under the cross piece on each side and levering them up. They still bend though, and I will take up the suggestion of some of these long screws to add to my growing collection of tent pegs. I usually take my drill with me anyway to wind down the legs (am I just lazy, or is an arthritic elbow a good excuse?).

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:56 am

You and your drill are forgiven on the grounds of your arthritic knee. You have my sympathy.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:53 am
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Quote: Stevejoyce wrote in post #17
I I usually take my drill with me anyway to wind down the legs (am I just lazy, or is an arthritic elbow a good excuse?).

No, just intelligent (I take mine too): why struggle when there's stuff out there to make life easier?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:49 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

You and your drill are forgiven on the grounds of your arthritic knee. You have my sympathy.

Oh no! does this mean my knee will give up as well as my elbow???

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:06 pm

I think my arthritic brain must have got your elbow and my knee confused.

Colin

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0