Door lock

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:06 pm
by scouteralf | 114 Posts

This week we are staying at CC club site at Braithwaite village in Cumbria and as it is such a nice day decided to take down our Issabella sun shade.
To do we closed the caravan door and did the said deed, on trying to open the door it had locked it's self with the key inside.
I think the same thing had happened to Eribamotters?.
After a lot of messing about with plastic strapping tape we managed to open the kitchen window and reach through and release the door catch. Tried to do it again and not able to get it to lock. Busy now trying to get a spare blank.
The next delays will be were to hide it.

Warden on site reckons that he never locks is cassette toilet door gas has a spare key hidden inside. where would you hide yours?

troll 530GT pushing Kia sportage awd
Scroll up

RE: Door lock

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:32 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

I like the idea of inside the toilet compartment, if you have one. Underneath the cassette is a hatch for mini bottles of toilet fluid.
For anybody who wants to steal my van, I have a spare key in a plastic bag aluminium gaffer taped to the drawbar. The tape gets dirty and weathered with age so if you crawl underneath it is not easily visible.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

scouteralf and like this post!
Last edited Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:33 pm | Scroll up

RE: Door lock

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:27 am
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

I have a magnetic key box affixed to the chassis.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 31 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0