My new Eriba order for 2023

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:28 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

We’ll I have to admit that ordering a new caravan has taken much longer and been far more complicated that we ever imagined. It’s no-one’s fault, just a coming together of several different issues. Delays in manufacturing post Covid, Hymer launching a new Touring range for 2023, every dealer having a different approach to ordering/servicing/deposits etc.
we knew were were going to sell the campervan and buy a brand new Eriba and so at the start of the year we started making enquiries, and this took quite a while. Dealers were very busy and sending enquiries by email didn’t really work so it was then onto the phone. We eventually settled on a 60th anniversary Troll 530 and got it down to 2 dealers; Highbridge and Kool Classics. Highbridge we’re really close to us but Kool classics were experts, a decision had to be made. We picked Kool classics but just as we’re about to pay our deposit I find out that the range is being revised for 2023 and some of the changes we didn’t like at all.
We then had a rethink and settled on a compromise; a Feeling 425 and we tried to order one. Trouble was, they were all sold for 2022 and the 2023 models weren’t announced yet and there were no dates forthcoming from Hymer. This went on for several weeks and in the end we felt we had to make a further compromise to avoid being left without a caravan. We’ve placed a deposit with Red Lion for a van they had already ordered but we’re happy for us to change the specification, great, but it wasn’t a Troll and it wasn’t a Feeling, we’ve had to go with an Eriba Nova Lite 425 so no pop top. It’s another compromise but we’re now happy and the van will hopefully be with us in March.
Most dealers were pretty helpful but it’s very busy out there so in the end you have to accept their time is in high demand. I will say, Claire at Kool classics really tried to help but we ended up with Red Lion. It’s a risk as they’re a new dealer and over 5 hours away.
Just for info, the dealers that will only supply Touring models currently are; Highbridge, Leisure first, 3A’s, Broadlane, Kool Classics, Glossop, Lowdhams and Adventure leisure. Red Lion are the only dealer currently happy to order Feeling or Nova Lite.

In process of swapping back to Eriba, new 2023 model on order

Last edited Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:41 pm | Scroll up

RE: My new Eriba order for 2023

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:37 pm
by Randa france | 13.049 Posts

Good choice Simon
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:52 pm
by GrahamV (deleted)

Hi Simon
We also took the plunge this April and opted for a new Troll 540 GT. We have also found Claire at Kool Classics very helpful and expecting delivery September this year. However just been informed that the Truma 240v auxiliary heating option is no longer available until next year and there will be a price increase tbc
Roll on September

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:13 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Graham, have you asked if they can do a dealer fit, which they are easily capable of, as factory is unable to supply?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:18 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

That’s a big deal for some as they use electric heating all the time. I’m sure it will be just a slow supply chain that will sort itself out over time but it’s still an inconvenience

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:28 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Quote: GrahamV wrote in post #3
...the Truma 240v auxiliary heating option is no longer available until next year and there will be a price increase tbc
Roll on September
I don't get that a German product is unavailable in Germany but available in the UK.

Here, for example.

I dare say if it was the other way round some might be blaming Brexit

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:59 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.018 Posts

Quote: JohnE wrote in post #6
Quote: GrahamV wrote in post #3
...the Truma 240v auxiliary heating option is no longer available until next year and there will be a price increase tbc
Roll on September
I don't get that a German product is unavailable in Germany but available in the UK.

Here, for example.

I dare say if it was the other way round some might be blaming Brexit

I suspect that several hundred or so required for factory production is a bit different to a few that might have been on Jackson's racks for several months. Whilst Truma are definitely German, who knows which country the parts are actually made and assembled in.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:07 pm
by GrahamV (deleted)

Not a major problem for us a low wattage rad will do

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:26 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Simon, a 500 watt oil filled electric radiator will definitely do the job, but the heat needs pushing around the van. In our Triton we do not have the blown air system and we get cold spots. Out of summer I've taken to leaving the bathroom door open so the heat can get into there. On a Troll it would be a bigger problem. If I was ordering a van as large as a Troll I would be specifying blown air and electric element, factory fit or dealer fit.

Colin

Ps, I'm mean with my money!

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:33 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

I’ve specified the Trumaheat electric element and also 12v blown air. But my build date isn’t until March so let’s hope their back in stock by then. I’ll also be getting an airmix fitted but that’s a whole other story

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:00 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.156 Posts

hi Simon

Just a quick agreement with Colin about the blown air bit of the heating.

We had a Troll540GT factory built in 2016 but didn't understand that the blown air tubing was an extra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.We had the vents but no tubing to blow the warm air through. .A bit of a shock on such an expensive purchase. As Colin said this meant that the hot air didn't circulate well & there were cold spots.

However 6 years down the line we don't use the Truma heater at all even in winter. We carpeted the van in Flotex tiles which gives good insulation and like Colin use an oil-filled radiator to provide background heat. When the temperatures really drops we supplement this with a little fan heater with a thermostat. Don't think we have used the Truma in 4 years but always get it tested at service time just in case

Good luck with your Eriba
Miket

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:10 pm
by Dag Håkon Edvardsen (deleted)

Do you know what changes Eriba will do with the Touring/Troll range for 2023?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:10 am
by Simon Todd (deleted)

Yes Dag, the range is changing substantially with new furniture, chassis and colours. All will be revealed at Düsseldorf next month

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:09 am
by Dag Håkon Edvardsen (deleted)

Well. We received our 2022 Eriba Touring 530 60 yrs Edition in May, after 10 mounths of waiting. Do like it, the retro style and the history. With cars I for sure would want the «latest» model/update. But I am glad I got the 2022….before any «update». In my mind «updates» means cost engeneering…not always good.

Williebraveheart likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:00 pm
by John Rowland | 12 Posts

I've odrered a 2023 Troll 540 and find it is 5.99m overal length as apposed 5.79m with previous models. It shouldn't affect where I store it but I wonder where the extra 20mm appears inisde the caravan

Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 77 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6