Isabella Camp-let

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:31 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

I was just wondering if any of Eriba folk have any experience of owning and camping out in an Isabella Camp-let? It looks like a great bit of kit and I am guessing a few E folk might have owned one prior to an Eriba. Thanks in advance, Robbie

Scroll up

RE: Isabella Camp-let

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:10 am
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

We had one for two years, inbetween Eriba ownership. Do not believe the set up times in the videos, it takes far longer. It took me just under 10 minutes from unhitching to getting level, folded out, awning fabric up and the corner pegs done.
It was a amazing bit of kit and well worth the price.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:35 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Thanks Colin. 10 minutes to get it roughly set up does not seem to long. It takes me longer than that to get our 530 unhitched, in place and level. I guess there’s some faffing around getting the rest of the pegs in etc. ? Did you manage to keep warm in it ? What did you do for a fridge ? Thanks. Robbie

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:14 pm

We used a large 3 way Waeco fridge, which from memory permed better than the fridge in our Eriba does. We never camped out of season, so I'd have to say it would be just as under canvad as no insulation.
Tto fiddle with rest of pegs and get groundsheet down, kitchen set up another 10 minutes.
We had the 2007 Savanne version with the rack top. We stored a lot on this, table, chairs, bikes etc. This was the bit that took the time when it came to packing away.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

GT runner likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:23 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Thanks again Colin. Still I can see the appeal. Its a very neat bit of kit and could work very well if careful about what gear you take with you. I like the idea of towing it with my little Jimny (2022 version). Did you have the front storage box on yours ?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:52 pm

We had a storage box on ours. I recall keeping a porta potti and gas bottle in it. We had it for two years. The first time we used it was in 2009. We returned from near Saumur in the Loire to Westcliff on sea in Essex at 70mph and did not stop for fuel. That was about 450 miles.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:52 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Thanks Colin.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:15 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

Hi Robbie

We bought one second hand in 1989 didn't have the front box biut did have a sun canopy and veranda. We just used cool box in those days it was not usual to have a hook up for tents at the time. Bought an Eriba in Jan 2007 and gave the camplet to my brother. It was always stored in a garage and it is still going strong no leaks or tears the canvas is just faded. Fantastic piece of kit would still have it if not for the spinal surgery I had in 2006.

Denise & Phil

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:50 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Thanks guys, thats really helpful. Did it feel damp in the evenings (I’m thinking of our days in tents) ? Did you manage to keep warm in there ? Seriously weighing it up Eriba v Camplet. I currently have a Troll 530 60th. However the idea of an even more compact “pop up” holiday home is very appealing. Also I guess its even easier to tow around narrow country lanes than the Eriba. Oh what do I dooooo ?????

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:10 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

We went from a tent to an Eriba for exactly that reason. No tent is going to be as warm and snug as an van. If you're only ever going to holiday in the warl months, then go for it but if you want an extended season then maybe not? Just MHO

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:13 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Thanks Betty. I think the Eriba with a nice awning is the best of both worlds. Robbie.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 89 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0