Caravan & Motorhome Club to introduce deposits

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:49 am
by Poptop320 | 2.619 Posts

The Caravan & Motorhome Club in the near future are going to introduce deposits, hopefully this will stop the weekend blockers who multi book and decide near the time which break they want to go on.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/faqs/uk-booking-experience/

"A deposit will be calculated for each individual campsite stay within a booking and will usually be 20% of the total value of each stay. If several different campsite stays are booked together within one booking, one payment will be taken at the time of booking to cover all the applicable deposits of all the stays combined. There is a minimum deposit value of £25 per stay. However, if the total price of the stay is less than £25, then the total price will be paid as the deposit.
Deposits will only apply from when the new UK booking experience is launched (sometime in 2022) and will only affect new bookings made after the launch. Up to then continue to make bookings on the existing system (which do not include deposit payments)."

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Randa france and Williebraveheart like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Caravan & Motorhome Club to introduce deposits

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:19 pm
by rambling robin (deleted)

I can see there's a benefit in this. However the reason I have stopped using CCC is because you have to pay a deposit which you lose if you can with - I think - less than 30 days notice. Sadly health reasons mean we often have to cancel at quite short notice - but never later than the Friday before arriving on a Monday.

CMC is applying a 21 day rule - may as well bloody give now!!!! Ill health is something that cannot be predicted especially with chronic conditions that flare up at no notice. Thanks a bunch CMC.

Rather genteel 2004 Troll 540GT called Matilda pushing a couple of old fogies.
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:12 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.619 Posts

I am not sure this will pan out but they do mention short notice due to illness.

What happens if I cancel due to illness?
The Club will sensitively manage cancellations due to exceptional circumstances

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:32 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

I'm going to put my neck on the block.
I got fed up with the C&MC because of various reasons, but pitch costs and availability remain the big two. I'll just have to accept they will always be expensive, but the archaic system of booking that meant some members block booking and the resultant lack of availibility, just in case, was totally beyond belief and had to change. If you book a CL you generally get asked for a deposit, if you book an independent UK site or one abroad you also pay a deposit.
I am I favour of a deposit system, but I expect it will take some fine tuning to get it as correct and fair as it could be.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:34 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 85 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6