Powerpack problem

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:56 am
by wooliew (deleted)

Has this happened to anyone else? The toilet flush pump in my Triton failed, I checked the fuse which had blown, so replaced the pump ( not an easy thing to do) and the blown fuse. After that everything should have been okay, but no, so checked the fuse in the power pack located in the wardrobe, it had not only blown but the fuse had melted and welded into the fuse holder in the powerpack. Unfortunately (unless anyone has a suggestion) it is going to mean a new powerpack at great expense.

Scroll up

RE: Powerpack problem

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:36 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Quote: wooliew wrote in post #1
Unfortunately (unless anyone has a suggestion) it is going to mean a new powerpack at great expense
Do you mean the BIP unit or the later Schaudt unit.
But whichever one you have the fuseholder can be replaced.

Scroll up

RE: Powerpack problem

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:06 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Did you determine that the old pump was faulty (easy enough to make up a couple of test wires /fuse from the battery). It sounds to me that you may have a short circuit in the pump wiring. This should be thoroughly checked out before reconnecting or you risk further damage

When you say the fuse holder melted do you mean the plastic bits. On our Triton there are several spare fuse positions which could be utilized (with due account to circuit loading). As long as the damage is just cosmetic there shouldn't be a problem. These people offer inspection/repair/replacement for the CSV409 if the damage looks more serious. https://www.apuljackelectronics.co.uk/Sc...rger__p-60.aspx An exchange is £295 + VAT

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
eribaMotters and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 91 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0