Question about Ocean Drive

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:25 am
by mscalpello (deleted)

Hi
About to drop a deposit on a New Ocean drive and, as the dealer does not have it yet, I’m struggling to understand what the wheels actually look like.
It doesn’t have the optional alloys, but the spec says steel rims with standard tyres and ‘stainless steel wheel covers in classic design’.
Could someone point me to a picture of what they look like? I suspect the picture on the Eriba configuratpr is the optional alloys.
I have a brand new Purple line nemesis wheel lock (bolts to the wheel and then a rod goes through a spoke hole) and I suspect it will not fit the steel wheel config.

Just on a more general note, is there any other advice you’d offer (or accessories you would buy) for the Ocean Drive in particular?

Thanks I advance
Mat

Scroll up

RE: Question about Ocean Drive

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:15 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Mat,
Easiest thing is go onto the Leisure First website of the dealer in Dorset. They have face lifted some vans and called them Ocean Breeze, fitting polished hub caps similar in appearance to the standard on the Ocean Drive.
I would envisage after popping the hubcap your Nemesis will fit, but I'd find that a faff and Eventually suspect the friction fit would work loose. This is a shame as I have the same Nemesis and rate it highly.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:23 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Our Triton has steel wheels and had plastic wheel trims originally. The side with the Nemesis receiver bolt just had a hole cut to allow the receiver bolt to poke through. Once we got home we only had one wheel trim so binned the other one and did without. You could in theory do the same to one of the shiny hubcaps but I suspect the effect would be lost so maybe do without the hubcap or get a different lock.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi

likes this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:23 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:27 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

Likewise - the placky faux alloy wheel covers for our steel rimmed 410 just hung on the garage wall.

Rather genteel 2004 Troll 540GT called Matilda pushing a couple of old fogies.

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:27 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:39 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.018 Posts

Maybe try and persuade the dealer to include a set of alloys in the deal. Sales are falling off now and if it's a stock order van they may be happy to do a deal to save the potential stock holding interest.
The two brightly coloured vans are Troll 530's with a different paint job and interior colour scheme plus a number of optional items as standard.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:40 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:49 am
by Bathchap | 51 Posts

Hopefully you will have now tracked down a picture of the retro hub caps. It is a faff removing them to fit a security device and I have cut my finger several times because the metal is quite sharp in places. The fitting is a sprung rose around the outer rim a bit like an inverted paint can closure. I have lost one hub cap on the motorway not sure if it was me not securing it properly or a pot hole. Replacing it is an expensive exercise as you have to buy a pair at around £100 including postage. They look the business when you see the caravan as a faux retro item but I would recommend the alloys any time the only non aesthetic benefit is that you only have the one set of wheel nuts as the wheels are steel like the spare.

Steve and Debbie and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:37 pm
by mscalpello (deleted)

Thanks Colin,
That was really helpful! Yes, I can see the covers not getting much use.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 94 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0