Help, water

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:08 pm
by wooliew (deleted)

I have an external, Whale water pump on my Triton. Just arrived at our campsite connected everything up, and I seem to have a water problem. The pump seems to be continuously running and pressurising and blowing water out around the water plug/socket. I have changed the diaphragm and non return valve but still happening. It is a new pump, do I need to do anything to set the system up to stop this happening? At the moment the water system is unusable. Thanks in advance for any advice

Scroll up

RE: Help, water

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:56 pm
by Aycee | 36 Posts

Have you tried wiggling the hose/pump and tapping item against the Aquroll? It maybe something as simple as an airlock. Shaking the hose may dislodge the air bubbles, also keep the taps open a good few seconds to purge any air.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:52 am
by Frantone | 108 Posts

It’s quite common for the blue twin tube to come away from the connection inside the inlet fitting. There are 2 screws to undo to separate the fitting and reseat the blue tube. It is usual to cut back the tube by a centimetre or two to make a new tighter fit. It’s simply a push on fit.

Eriba Troll 540GT. 2019. Our sixth Eriba! Loved them all.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:14 pm
by wooliew (deleted)

Some feedback on what the problem was. The brand new pump I was using failed, I can only assume it was the pressure switch. Thanks to Frantone for the info on the detached blue pipe on the inlet fitting as it enabled me to repair an old pump I had and use that, everything hunky dory now.

Williebraveheart and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 69 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1