Paint recommendations

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:32 am
by GMLS (deleted)

Hi, just joined and hoping this forum is going to be as useful as the others I'm on for other hobbies.

Following a disaster when a tree fell on my wife's beloved 1985 Puck punching a hole in the corner of the roof and splitting the poptop roof, I've been busy learning how to do GRP repairs and pretty happy with the results.

I now need to spray the whole roof from the awning trim upwards and found a Dulux colour card that looks a very close match to the rest. What is the best source of getting a colour match for a paint that I can use in my airless sprayer? Will a standard gloss automotive paint be the best bet? Don;t want to go down the route of colour gel coats or rattle cans as used loads when priming.

Scroll up

RE: Paint recommendations

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:31 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Your best bet may be to take the van to an automotive repairer (assuming you can still tow it), and get them to do a colour match and make up some paint for you. Regular automotive paint should be fine. I would also take along one of your primer cans to make sure the top coat will be compatible.

Good luck.

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:17 am
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Hi and welcome to the Eribafolk Forum

Now that's a question I've never come across before. I am not qualified to answer your question although over the years I've come across so many questions regarding paintwork etc.

All I can say in the hope that it's of some help is that when Eriba owners tackle jobs with the roof for example getting a dull finish back up and shining the roof is treated in very much the same way as a fibreglass boat. Most folk use Autoglym followed by a wax polish. Therefore I'm wondering if you should ask a boat chandler for advice?

Please let us know if you do and how you get on.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:40 am
by Derekcbr (deleted)

Stevejoyce is right in advising you to get an automotive body repairer to colour match. You will also need to use an etch primer. After top coating you need to use Farecla to finally polish to a high gloss finish. I am a retired business owner of a garage repair workshop and can offer some advice on vehicle refinishing so please contact if you need further advice.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:07 am
by GMLS (deleted)

Thanks all

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 66 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0