Touch lights over sink not working

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:43 pm
by Briank (deleted)

Eriba Troll 530 2018.

The touch lights above the sink have stopped working. I’ve checked the lamps and they work in other locations. Tested to lamp socket and no current. Dismantled various panels to acces wiring and nearest circuit has power. However I can’t get access to the lamp wiring behind the fascia in the cupboard so can’t see the connection between the lamp wires and the circuit it feeds off. I think I’d need to take the above sink cupboard off the wall to access the wiring.

Has anyone a better suggestion?

Also there doesn’t seems to be a detailed wiring diagram. Does anyone have one or at least a guide to the various wiring colours?

Thanks for any help,

Brian

Scroll up

RE: Touch lights over sink not working

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:40 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Brian, a detailed wiring diagram has never been issued. A general schematic used to appear in the owners manual for earlier models but I cannot remember if one is present on newer models.
You should be able to tease the round frosted disc out of the aluminium finish surround. This will have two fly leads on it with bullet point connectors. I cannot remember if these are visible when you have removed the disc or if you need to unscrew the surround which you should now be able to.
TheTebay Eriba dealer a few years ago sourced some similar looking lights with switch operation to replace the problematic touch lights. E-bay should also be worth a look.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

RE: Touch lights over sink not working

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:30 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 264 Posts

Following advice from similar threads on book face, try giving them a good wipe over; they sometimes get greasy and it affects the switching function.
You’d expect the kitchen ones to suffer most.

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 67 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12660 topics and 106594 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4