Is there a market for second hand motor movers?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:38 pm
by Craig89 (deleted)

My Eriba Troll has a fully working motor mover fitted to it.

The caravan is so light I doubt I'll ever use it and it's just adding weight.

Is there a market for these?

Last edited Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:38 pm | Scroll up

RE: Is there a market for second hand motor movers?

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:22 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

There certainly is, Craig.

What make, model and age is it?

Have a look on eBay to get an idea of prices, and if you do decide to sell you could always advertise on here.

And don't forget to include the Erba mounting plates for it.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:47 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

Craig, have you used the mover yet. On a nice smooth bit of tarmac or concrete the van is so easy to move without one, but things change on wet grass or mud. Also, when faced with tight access to a pitch or something on a slope they are invaluable and beat youth, physical brute force or reversing prowess.
I think the £500 in your back pocket from and-bay sale will soon be forgotten about when your back is aching and you are soaked through in the middle of a swearing fit with your lovely Eriba not pitched as it should.
But then again I’m biased and we all have different views.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:53 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I nearly sprayed my computer screen with coffee! Our Triton seems heavy enough to us LOL I agree. Keep it for a while and see if you appreciate it.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:43 am
by Craig89 (deleted)

We have used It a few times and it's honestly more hassle than it's worth.

We have had similar sized caravans before and pushing them has never been an issue

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:20 am
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

If you have tried it without the mover and you can manhandle it ok then I would think somebody with an Eriba would be very interested with the mover and brackets, it will also give you back a bit of payload.
Just bear in mind if you have to level it on one side with a ramp you will have to hitch it to your car to pull it up, if you have to go pitch nose in by order of the camp commandant it wont be possible.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:32 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Quote: Poptop320 wrote in post #6

Just bear in mind if you have to level it on one side with a ramp you will have to hitch it to your car to pull it up, if you have to go pitch nose in by order of the camp commandant it wont be possible.

Been there with our Puck. It took 3 adults on fresh gravel.

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:06 pm
by atkinbrown | 62 Posts

Don't get rid of it. We have a Troll and would not dream of trying to move it by hand. Easy if you are on Club sites which are mostly tarmac but get on to a CL or private site with grass and a slope and you don't stand a chance especially if it is wet!! We use the mover every time we hitch up as we have had a few near misses and just managed to stop the van before it hit the bumper. Also the payload on our van is over 400kg so weight is not an issue. Keep it for a year and then see how you feel.

Eriba 530GT and Skoda Karoq 1.6 TDI

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Last edited Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:09 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:29 pm
by Alan | 77 Posts

You will regret it if you remove it, maybe not every trip but you will certainly come across situations where the reversing or pushing the van on a pitch is virtually impossible and the site owners won’t be bothered!

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:29 am
by Simboc2004 | 655 Posts

A lot of sites have gravel pitches now - including C&MC Club sites- and they are really tough to move even a Triton on without a mover. I never wanted one, but, having bought our latest van with one already on, I would always have one - it has enabled us to pitch in orientations we'd never have considered before - and to be able to park it at the back of our house with minimal effort...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12532 topics and 105722 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6