What’s new for Eriba in 2023

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 8:01 am
by Simon Todd (deleted)

We’ll I thought I’d start this thread to start putting together any/all changes that will be announced by Hymer and discussion/follow up questions over the coming months. It’s certainly going to be a year of change and we’ve already seen a dealer in Netherlands advertising a brand new layout in the feeling. There’s more to come I’m sure and I believe the uk dealers are off to Germany in June to see the new range in the flesh and we’ll know much more after that. What would you like to see added or changed this year?

2023 model year on order

Last edited Thu May 26, 2022 8:07 am | Scroll up

RE: What’s new for Eriba in 2023

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 8:21 am
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

It will be interesting to see if there is much change, other than the specials such as the 60th, Ocean and rockabilly the Eriba interior hasn't change much since 2014

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 8:50 am
by Simon Todd (deleted)

I’m pretty sure there are lots of changes coming

Currently I own a Globecar Globescout panel van conversion but in process of swapping back to an Eriba
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 9:20 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.007 Posts

Didn't someone post that the 535 is being discontinued for 2023MY.

I'm wondering whether it's too early for changes due to component/material shortage issues to have an effect on the range.

Whilst it's unusual for Touring range washroom designs to run for the 8 years that the current one has, it's difficult to see what sort of changes could be made to what I consider the configuration should always have been.

Given the vast number of model options Hymer France offered circa 2007/2008 (IIRC over 30) it's also difficult to see what could be offered that hasn't been tried before.

Still I've always said that the Troll should be offered with a 530 rear lounge/fixed bed (same as 550, 535, 430, 418) and the 540 front dinette (same as 542, 420, 410). That's the shortest rear and front seating/beds. That would free up space amidships on both sides, which could mean a wider kitchen, maybe with oven, and a bigger washroom, maybe with separate shower cubicle. The 540 benches are 6ft 5ins or so and the 530's 4ft 7ins, so nearly 2ft difference. Think of 2ft extra kitchen worktop and a 2ft or so shower cubicle. It could be a game changer.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 9:44 am
by Simon Todd (deleted)

Yes the 535 is dropped but there is certainly a 560 next year and the 418 and 410 are also going

In process of swapping back to Eriba, new 2023 model on order

Last edited Thu May 26, 2022 10:51 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 11:43 am
by Frantone | 103 Posts

I was disappointed that the Ocean Drive and Rockabilly were only available as the 530 payout.
If there had been a 540 version we would have seriously considered it.

Eriba Troll 540GT. 2019. Our sixth Eriba! Loved them all.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 11:52 am
by Simon Todd (deleted)

The Rockabilly is gone after this year 😢

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 1:16 pm

Maybe there'll be a 'Green Man' and a 'Tango' version and surely we must be getting close to a '65 Edition'.

In the past Hymer have issued a press release describing the plans for the ranges for the next model year, to coincide with the dealer presentations in Germany.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 5:33 pm
by IainG | 31 Posts

I'd love to see the Puck return, a small compact 2 berth which can be towed by virtually anything. With the explosion in Go Pods, the Bare trailer thing and other micro caravans, this would be a total winner. Imagine a modern silver Puck, or even better a 60th or Oven Drive/Rockabilly version!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 5:58 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

So next year there will be no Rockabilly, no Ocean drive and no 60th editions. If anyone wants one, get in there fast

Last edited Thu May 26, 2022 5:59 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 6:04 pm

The Puck's were the main reason Hymer France had been losing money hand over fist for many years before closure in 2010. Hymer decided that although the Puck was popular they couldn't make it, even in the German factory, for a cost that would allow it to sell in meaningful quantities. Virtually nothing on them was compatible with the rest of the range, where parts from the Familia, Triton and Troll ranges are identical, with a module washroom, front dinettes, rear lounges, fixed beds all being used in many different layouts.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 6:43 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

I wonder if the paper foil (“wood panelling”) and the plywood in the polystyrene sandwich will be getting thinner again?

I’ve just noticed a small scratch on the panel at the side of the fridge - it’s hardly more than a rub mark, but it’s taken the print off the paper and left a whiteish mark. Gonna have to get my wax crayons out for colouring -in! Grrr!

We’d have bought a rockabilly if they had done the rear dinette version of the 530. (Or at least would have joined the queue!)

Morphy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 8:08 pm
by IainG | 31 Posts

I don't think the Pucks were the main reason they were losing money? And besides, when they were made in France the entire range was certainly over engineered with far too many variations in the Eriba Touring range. The Puck was discontinued 12 years ago. The market has changed hugely since then.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 8:25 pm

Quote: IainG wrote in post #13
I don't think the Pucks were the main reason they were losing money? And besides, when they were made in France the entire range was certainly over engineered with far too many variations in the Eriba Touring range. The Puck was discontinued 12 years ago. The market has changed hugely since then.

A Familia 310, with many common parts shared with the rest of the Touring range is priced at £25k now, when specced to normal UK standards, with the an anticipated price increase for 2023MY to £27,500 or so. A smaller van with few common parts with the rest of the range is likely to cost the same or thereabouts. I don't think it would sell unless it had something very unique or was substantially cheaper than a 310.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 9:08 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

The confirmed touring models for next year are
310,320, 420, 430, 530, 540, 542, 550, 560

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 40 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12531 topics and 105718 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0