Page 3 of 8 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next Page »

RE: What’s new for Eriba in 2023

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 8:21 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.007 Posts

Quote: Poptop320 wrote in post #30
Quote: Simon Todd wrote in post #28
Also the new chassis features a completely flat floor, no slope to the rear floor anymore

Maybe the ground clearance with the new chassis has increased if the eriba no longer needs the kicked up rear floor?

I was thinking that. The slope in the floor isn't because the chassis has to be that way but because clearance is needed for the spare wheel. Putting a Hymer chassis on and not having the slope either means the Hymer chassis design can't incorporate the slope or that an alternative form of storage has been found for the spare wheel so that a slope is no longer required.

We could run a sweepstake on whether the spare is going in the gas locker - unlikely, amidships under the van - used on many other vans, inside in a bench/bed locker - uses storage and new tyres can smell nasty.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 9:27 am
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I thought the wheel was on the slope, however I just checked my Familia and the spare wheel cage is on the flat part of the floor and then there is a small kick going up. It can be a pain getting on my drive sometimes if my jockey wheel is to high as the cage will catch on the camber in the road....

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 9:34 am

Yes, I think the slope is more about providing access to the spare, rather than it being stored on the slope. So, you could flatten the floor and move the spare wheel back'ards, but that would likely cause even more probs of grounding. It's presumably not for nothing that other caravans don't have their spare wheels stored at the back.

Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 11:21 am
by Frantone | 103 Posts

Or even no spare wheel at all!
Many cars just have the injected sealant system.
Weight saving………. but stupid😊

Eriba Troll 540GT. 2019. Our sixth Eriba! Loved them all.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 1:05 pm

Well, the standard Touring range spec. is no spare wheel at all, so there are probably plenty without and Hymer don't even provide sealant. .

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 9:48 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

".... a new “extended drawbar” for increased stability and also to stop the bike rack fouling. That will mean new overall lengths for every model. Also the new chassis features a completely flat floor, no slope to the rear floor anymore"
This sounds to me like it could be an Alko M chassis as used on the Eriba Feeling and many other vans. It sits lower to the road and the spare is usually found in the front locker, so we could have a problem. A cradle fixing is I think still possible but not standard fit. The loss of the slope at the rear could lead to a grounding issue. This chassis also means an expensive Truma XT or Alko Mammut mover to ensure good ground clearance. The Truma is nearly £3K, whilst the Alko at £1.5K and the normal continental fit is not easy to source in the UK.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 10:00 pm

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #36
".... a new “extended drawbar” for increased stability and also to stop the bike rack fouling. That will mean new overall lengths for every model. Also the new chassis features a completely flat floor, no slope to the rear floor anymore"
This sounds to me like it could be an Alko M chassis as used on the Eriba Feeling and many other vans. It sits lower to the road and the spare is usually found in the front locker, so we could have a problem. A cradle fixing is I think still possible but not standard fit. The loss of the slope at the rear could lead to a grounding issue. This chassis also means an expensive Truma XT or Alko Mammut mover to ensure good ground clearance. The Truma is nearly £3K, whilst the Alko at £1.5K and the normal continental fit is not easy to source in the UK.

Colin

But if Hymer are using their own 'lightweight' chassis, from their recently installed chassis production line, then all elements will be different and an unknown quantity.

https://www.practicalmotorhome.com/news/...produce-chassis

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 10:11 pm

Andy, does your link just relate to motorhome chassis?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon May 30, 2022 7:25 am

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #38
Andy, does your link just relate to motorhome chassis?

Colin

On looking at their actual press release it looks like it might be Colin.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 31, 2022 10:43 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

It would be good to have a floor box for the spare like the old Avondales. If it could be moved further forward it would help with nose weight and stability.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:29 pm

Well Simon, June is here, just about, and Hymer have not released or updated websites. I'm starting to climb the wall in suspense. I've tried to look up what a 560 format is and it would translate to a huge Troll.

Colin

GT runner likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:29 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:46 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

I know Colin, the waiting I’m sure will be worth it. For me, my purchase is all sorted, deposit paid, due in 2023 but I’ll write a separate post about that

In process of swapping back to Eriba, new 2023 model on order
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:40 pm

Nice to hear. I look forward to the breaking news on both stories.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:16 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Simon/Colin, any guesses at what the layout might be in the 560 ? I’m dreaming of a bigger bathroom where you don’t knock your self out on the basin when you’re whilst trying to wipe one’s ars* . Also do you think (or does your brochure say Simon) if the new models and lighter in weight (re new chassis and construction). Thanks, Robbie

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:23 pm

Robbie, I just google searched Hymer 560 and came up with the floorplan of the big white box vans. If they made a Troll to suit it would be like an ocean going oil tanker, so I'm guessing the Eriba will be something different.

Colin

GT runner likes this post!
Scroll up

Page 3 of 8 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next Page »

Visitors
1 Member and 51 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12532 topics and 105721 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1