RE: What’s new for Eriba in 2023

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 9:34 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 995 Posts

Well a 560 presumably has to be within the dimensions of a Troll and not a layout that's been available in the past or they'd have just resurrected the number. It's hard to think of a Troll furniture arrangement that hasn't been tried already. If the past is anything to go by it should be more upmarket, given that the 510 had no washroom and the level of fit out sort of went up from there with the 53X and 54X being the sort of middle ground and the 55X being just a little bit more upmarket.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 9:35 pm
by IainG | 31 Posts

Zitat
A Familia 310, with many common parts shared with the rest of the Touring range is priced at £25k now, when specced to normal UK standards, with the an anticipated price increase for 2023MY to £27,500 or so. A smaller van with few common parts with the rest of the range is likely to cost the same or thereabouts. I don't think it would sell unless it had something very unique or was substantially cheaper than a 310.

I entirely agree, but the way I see it progressing is that the Puck would be an even smaller version of the 310/320. If you look at the prices for the micro caravans around today, I'd say it's still feasible. For what its worth, I would buy one!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 9:41 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.072 Posts

Don't forget that Hymer need to respond quickly to keep profitable in the ev revolution that's closing in fast. That puts a whole new emphasis on ultra light weight vans. Like the original Puck

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 26, 2022 10:58 pm

But if the model line up is as the Toddster says then It no Pucks, the toiletless Tritons and 535 gone, but a new Troll layout.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 27, 2022 10:27 am
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

Would the Oven drive be covered in black spots and be self-cleaning?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 27, 2022 9:42 pm
by IainG | 31 Posts

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #19
But if the model line up is as the Toddster says then It no Pucks, the toiletless Tritons and 535 gone, but a new Troll layout.

I thought this was just a light hearted thread to share your hopes and wishes. I'm not sure the OP is any more enlightened than the rest of us!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 27, 2022 10:41 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

I have the 2023 brochure so I do know quite a bit !! For once in my life 😀

In process of swapping back to Eriba, new 2023 model on order
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 27, 2022 11:17 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Simon, If you have the 2023 brochure, would you mind sharing it with us Eribafolk? Or let us know where we could get a copy. Thanks in advance, Robbie

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 28, 2022 7:48 am
by Simon Todd (deleted)

I wish I could Robbie, it’s embargoed by Hymer until the launch in June. The copy I have is a draft and although I’ve had it for a couple of months I was asked not to share it publicly. I will however put right any speculations I see on this thread and help where I can. TBH there are very big changes, it’s a complete refresh but I’ll only correct stuff I see so as not to break my word and publish information. The document is marked “Draft” and as I say, it will be replaced in June. This copy has some pictures but the new vans are not full complete in some of the pictures. I’m certainly not seeking to be awkward and some members already have this information, I’m just trying to share it as best I can, with members here.

Poptop320, GT runner and Frantone like this post!
Last edited Sat May 28, 2022 7:49 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 28, 2022 7:09 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

How exciting Simon ! I also have several chunks of info about the new range of Eriba’s. I too have been sworn to secrecy. Would you mind if I PM you ? Would love to know if what I know is the same as what you brochure/info might confirm. Many thanks, Robbie

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 28, 2022 9:22 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

Sure pm me no problem

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 28, 2022 9:57 pm

I notice that Hymer have built their own chassis production line, which the blurb says will enable them to produce low weight chassis for their products. Quite what sort of difference that is to Alko remains to be seen. Accepted wisdom is that lightweight chassis are either less strong or more expensive, so it remains to be seen what the new line produces, how they're made lighter than Alko and if there's a substantial cost penalty.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 12:09 am
by Simon Todd (deleted)

The draft pictures feature all the new touring models with a “Knott” coupling as used by a couple of other German manufacturers and common in the uk boat trailer market. Their marketing also mentions a new “extended drawbar” for increased stability and also to stop the bike rack fouling. That will mean new overall lengths for every model. Also the new chassis features a completely flat floor, no slope to the rear floor anymore

GT runner, eribaMotters and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 12:25 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Just sent you a PM Simon

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 29, 2022 8:05 am
by Poptop320 | 2.607 Posts

Quote: Simon Todd wrote in post #28
Also the new chassis features a completely flat floor, no slope to the rear floor anymore

Maybe the ground clearance with the new chassis has increased if the eriba no longer needs the kicked up rear floor?

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105581 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1