Water Ingress Test- high cost

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:10 am
by stewarts (deleted)

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had experience of water ingress tests need to benefit from the additional five year warranty for dampness on my new Troll? My dealer charges £150 for each test in addition to a £400 service. To benefit from the warranty, I have to pay out a total of £750 for the five years plus about £250 travel costs. In addition most places charge around £200 for a service which includes a dampness test. I am thinking that it is better to risk an expensive repair as there is a lowish probability on Eribas. If say there is 5% chance of a repair over £1000, that is a risk I am happy to accept.

many thanks

Stewart

Scroll up

RE: Water Ingress Test- high cost

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:19 am
by Randa france | 13.048 Posts

Hi Stewart and welcome to Eribafolk.

That is something I can't answer because our van is over 20 years old but what a price. I'm sure others will be able to give you a more detailed response but all I can say is that in the 13 years we have owned our van we've had NO trouble with dampness touch wood.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

Water Ingress Test cost

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:32 pm
by Captain Calamity | 356 Posts

Replying to Stewart’s post earlier (for some reason the reply button locks me out), I hand a full service including a habitation check, including under-sealing of the van, carried out by Knowepark Caravans near Falkirk in Scotland in March this year. It cost £246. Knowepark are Eriba dealers so the warranty on the van is preserved.

scouteralf and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Water Ingress Test cost

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:51 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.156 Posts

I use ALV at Tebay for a service & Damp check on our £2016 Troll and this year it cost us £250.

At the end of warranty but decided to have them do it again. I asked them to look at a couple of little things extra which was included in the price.

Will probably use them again next year as we combine it with a stay at Kendal C & C C site or C & M C Meathop Fell. We usually shoot over to the Cumbrian coast for the day whilst it is being serviced.

It works for us for now

MikeT

Scroll up

RE: Water Ingress Test- high cost

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:41 am
by eribaMotters | 5.403 Posts

Stewart, if you shop around then the water ingress test and cost will come as a nasty surprise. Some dealers will not perform the service unless they supplied the van. A 6 month lead in time is fairly common for those who will and the costs vary considerably.
There a few dealers who offer both combined for a reasonable £250 ish fee, whilst others will charge double. Theses dealers are not sitting on expensive sites with high rates or needing to pay high wage costs, to me it is simply greed as they have a captive market.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
scouteralf and John Cross like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 97 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12659 topics and 106590 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1